Email message from AD Dave regarding 2020 Football season tickets... | The Boneyard

Email message from AD Dave regarding 2020 Football season tickets...

Reaction Score
Email message from AD Dave regarding 2020 season tickets (I added emphasis):

>>DEAR UCONN FOOTBALL FAN,

As we all know, change is inevitable. Transitions are often necessary to maximize growth. We have received much correspondence over the past several months from fans like you, many of whom are excited about the changes ahead for UConn Athletics. There is tremendous anticipation for our return home to the Big East Conference for many of our sports, to a familiar place with familiar neighbors.

For UConn football, some fans initially expressed trepidation about the move to a conference without FBS-playing members, wondering how we might survive and prosper as an independent. With the release of a seven-game home slate in 2020 and future schedules featuring attractive, brand-name opponents, we received very positive feedback from the Husky faithful who expressed that some fears had been alleviated. We have declared our independence, are working hard to make it great, and are delighted that many UConn supporters want to be part of our football evolution.

While all of this has been happening, a new change-agent came upon us and altered life as we know it. Unexpected and unprecedented, the coronavirus situation knocked us on our heels. Being encouraged to stay home by public authorities and medical officials is a far cry from being encouraged to join family and friends for a day of tailgating, football and fun at Pratt & Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field. We are realists, but we are also optimists, hopeful that the uncertainty of today’s circumstances will soon be replaced by enthusiasm for the coming football season.

With sensitivity to current conditions and respect for our dedicated fans, we have decided to eliminate the advertised April 30 football season ticket renewal deadline. For those who have already ordered season tickets, we are grateful for your ongoing commitment. If you have not, please take the additional time you need. We will be here for you when you are ready. Given this flexibility in timing, we will not operate the online seat relocation/upgrade process for football this year. Should you wish to adjust your season ticket location, please contact us and we will be happy to assist. Further, in our continuing efforts to acknowledge our most loyal fans, we will be offering football season ticket holders the opportunity to choose from a list of exclusive, additional benefits later this summer, which include a variety of special experiences and discounts. Fans who have already placed their season ticket order and those who do so by July 8 will have the first priority on the extra benefits.

While the COVID-19 crisis has diminished our ability to predict just about anything in the short term, it has not diminished our passion for the future. We will continue to keep you informed as more information becomes available about the resumption of UConn athletic events. Until we are together again, we will hold everyone in the UConn family in our hearts. We remain committed to our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans. That will never change.

Stay safe. Be well. Go Huskies!<<

Football Season Ticket FAQ

Reaction Score
Some fears have been alleviated with the scheduling according to DB. Wonder what the other fears fans have?

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
TV.....Scheduling.....bowls....recruiting....winning

Not necessarily in that order.

I am a glass half full Husky fan. I expect thr fans and young players that have taken the lumps the past 3+ years will start to see rewards the next 2 years. This year we have some JRs with 2 years of starting experience. Next year HCRE will have a full compliment of 4 years of recruits.

The schedule, recruiting and TV, I expect to work together to our benefit. Exposure to a national TV contract should be a great incentive to draw quality opponents and talent. It will be up to UConn fans/Administration to fill seats ($$$).

There is plenty of reasons for doubt....but I see opportunity and expect Wins to follow.

Reaction Score
Losing the offseason program with Coach King due to covid really is huge for us but I agree that this group of players is ready to get some rewards for their last 2 years of playing young. I hope we can get the energy back for the new season that we saw on signing day if campus is opened up soon.

Reaction Score
We should have a Boneyard season ticket drive. Buy up some cheap seats and give them to the school to give away. I’m in for a couple if someone wants to arrange it.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will be getting my season tickets before July to keep our seats and root for the Huskies no matter what happens this upcoming season

Reaction Score
I will be getting my season tickets before July to keep our seats and root for the Huskies no matter what happens this upcoming season
Hey @uconnbill aka "Old friend" Hope all is well with you and your family with everything going on?
Stay safe my friend.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom