Elmira native Eli Thomas of UConn football team perseveres, inspires nine months after stroke | The Boneyard

Elmira native Eli Thomas of UConn football team perseveres, inspires nine months after stroke

Reaction Score
Elmira native Eli Thomas of UConn football team perseveres, inspires nine months after stroke

>>“I would say I’m great,” Thomas said by phone from the UConn campus, where he is taking summer classes. “I’m at the peak of my life right now. Life is good. Life is great. I’m breathing, I wake up every morning and work out with my team.<<

>>"Eli has done more for our program than what we can do for him. And he hasn’t really stepped on the field and played for us that much," Edsall said. "That’s what I think of Eli. Because to me it’s not all about how many tackles you make, it’s not all about how many minutes you play. And I know that’s his passion and what he wants to do, but if he never plays a down again he’s had more of an impact on this program than he could ever imagine or what anybody else could ever imagine."<<

>>
He continues to prepare as if he will be playing for the Huskies this fall, watching game film every day, lifting extensively, running. Thomas, who is listed at a chiseled 6-foot-1, 220 pounds, credits new strength and conditioning coach Matt King for helping him grow stronger.

“I definitely want to play – 100 percent,” Thomas said.

“I’m still waiting on a decision. It’s up in the air right now. Taking it day by day.”<<

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom