Elite recruits mostly live in the same states, and the picture barely every changes | The Boneyard

Elite recruits mostly live in the same states, and the picture barely every changes

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So you are saying things like climate, the ability to play year round and a local culture that put way too much importance on youth football is where you are likely to find higher concentrations of DI prospects? Ohio is the outlier, likely holding onto the pre-television era when kids stayed closer to home. OSU being a top program throughout is the obvious driver.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I'll vouch for local culture putting to much importance on youth football being a driver based on my experience in PA, youth football is a whole different animal than CT, where as soccer and little league were essentially the same as when I was a kid. Youth football (this was 5 and 6 year olds mind you) was 6 days a week and the high school coaches basically decided what was taught at every level... I'm thankful every day that my kid didn't care for it, because it sucked. My kids have played other travel sports at a high level... but nothing was like football. This is in lightly recruited eastern PA.

Reaction Score
I lived in Texas for 2 years and high school football is huge

Reaction Score
Boston and New York have always been baseball cities. This drives the culture in Connecticut.

Even today kids dream of being Red Sox and Yankees not Patriots or Giants. And, unfortunately, the weather isn't conducive to producing baseball players. Heck, the weather is conducive producing basketball players.

C

chiller99.5

Ive had some experience with a perennial 3A NC powerhouse placing players in all the P5 conferences and not even a recruiting letter from Diaco. ECU usually fields a semi decent squad with state players making them their last choice after, UNC ,State, Wake or Duke something is not right in the Connecticut recruiting program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom