Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games) | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Elite Eight Thread (non UConn games)

Reaction Score
Lots of Edey haters ( not on Boneyard) but credit to Painter for finding a kid ranked 450 and developing him to 2x NPOY and getting to final 4.
Edey getting on coaches at schools like Tennessee for sleeping on him is comical. He was the 456th rated recruit and to say he was raw is a major understatement. He's developed, grown physically and gone from boy to man, but to hate on schools for not taking him is ridiculous. For every Edey, there are tons who the coaches were right about. Being tall doesn't guarantee you anything as a recruit....Mandeldove.

Reaction Score
I didn't even remember playing them then.

I feel like there are vastly many more out there that are like "ughh UConn" than are like that for us.

SDSU, Gonzaga, Kentucky, Duke are the more obvious ones. But, like, imagine how many minnow-type programs are there who we beat in 2nd round games we don't even remember that are holding a grudge against us.
I mean let’s not get carried away. I’ve witnessed State lose many games over my 40 years. One loss in 2002 to UConn isn’t worth a grudge. Believe me. The 2005 win when Hodge hit the game winner over Ed Nelson was the pinnacle of NC State basketball in my lifetime until this run. I associate UConn with feel goods. State fans hold grudges against UNC, Duke, Maryland and maybe recently Syracuse for their just general being.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom