Elijah Wood decommits from Tulane | The Boneyard

Elijah Wood decommits from Tulane

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It's hard to have too many good guards when you like to at times play 3.
Especially when you’re pressing nearly the entire game, committing a lot of fouls. I think we carry 6 guards moving forward with Hurley.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Shooters with size would be great but we’ve been out rebounded almost every game it seems since 2012. We have no toughness or size underneath

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It's St. Patty's Day and it looks like he's still getting in his work. Sign him up.

1552856276340.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We could play both. CV will be graduating and Hurley likes using 3, sometimes 4 guard lineups.

If he has the horses, he won't play 4 guards. IF you give him a proper PF and C, he'll roll with that any day.

He's just never been able to get many dominant guys in those positions at the schools he was at.

He's actually pretty malleable as a coach, based on personnel.

Reaction Score
Was UConn even recruiting him? Did he take any visits? Why not bring in all the best athletes you can.

Reaction Score
I’m hearing UNLV is a likely destination.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Was UConn even recruiting him? Did he take any visits? Why not bring in all the best athletes you can.
Yes, we offered and recruited him.

Reaction Score
Yes, we offered and recruited him.
You seem quite knowledgable when it comes to the recruiting world. Was there any real interest from his side? Have they kept on him at all since his commitment to Tulane? Can UConn fit him in whilst losing a scholarship next year?

Reaction Score
Wood plays point guard too, he can be the extra ball handler were looking for. Not sure if he's reclassification eligible

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
You seem quite knowledgable when it comes to the recruiting world. Was there any real interest from his side? Have they kept on him at all since his commitment to Tulane? Can UConn fit him in whilst losing a scholarship next year?
I can’t speak to what his level of interest was, we certainly were he was one of the first(if not the first) 2020 kid Hurley offered, Hurley and Kimani both watched him on the circuit. KO was also recruiting him and visited him a couple times. Scholarships is of no concern we’ll have transfers and he’s a 2020 kid.

Reaction Score
I can’t speak to what his level of interest was, we certainly were he was one of the first(if not the first) 2020 kid Hurley offered, Hurley and Kimani both watched him on the circuit. KO was also recruiting him and visited him a couple times. Scholarships is of no concern we’ll have transfers and he’s a 2020 kid.
I apologize, i havent been paying attention recently, but there was an article i read about RI where Hurley had to keep certain kids because if they left, and failed out of their new school, RI couldnt afford the APR hit. How is UConn doing in that regard? Is that behind us? Can they take the hit should that happen? Thanks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom