OT: Eli Manning | The Boneyard

OT: Eli Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Honestly, Manning is the best quarterback I have seen since Tim Tebow.

I believe that God loves Eli Manning. And Peyton Manning. And probably Archie Manning.

But He doesn't love that other Manning brother who got rickets and had to quit football. He's prolly going to Hell.

Reaction Score
I was sooooo considering an OT: Eli Manning thread, but decided against it. You have the 'yard cred to get away with it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just looked at my WWTD* knuckle tattoos and then went ahead and posted it.

* What Would Tim Do

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You'd think the best quarterback since joe Montana would've won a playoff game in the last 4 seasons.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I turned it off and sent my son to bed after Miles Austin scored. He then got a text from a friend telling him the Giants won. Stop, I replied.

Reaction Score
I can't even remember the last time Joe Montana won a playoff game. Dude's washed up.

Reaction Score
Ha, I came here to post the same thing. In all seriousness Eli has icewater running through his veins and is an elite quarterback. What he's done this year is remarkable, the whole freaking team has been injured and he has kept it together and been amazing in 4th quarters. After a few ups and downs in his career, there is no denying now that he is elite.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Oh, relax. He's a very good quarterback, and the best in the two minute drill not named Brady (or his brother). I'm just sick and tired of hearing him called the second coming around here. Elite QBs don't lose 4 in a row, or let your team fall apart in the 2nd half year after year.

Reaction Score
You'd think the best quarterback since joe Montana would've won a playoff game in the last 4 seasons.

He did, he won 3 playoff road games leading up to the win over the undefeated Pats in the 2008 Super Bowl.

Reaction Score
Oh, relax. He's a very good quarterback, and the best in the two minute drill not named Brady (or his brother). I'm just sick and tired of hearing him called the second coming around here. Elite QBs don't lose 4 in a row, or let your team fall apart in the 2nd half year after year.

You do understand this is a team sport, right?

Reaction Score
Eli is not the second coming. But he's unreal in the two-minute drill. Better than Brady.

Reaction Score
I love the social triviality that the topic is "OT: Eli Manning."
Because there might be readers who see "Eli Manning" in the topic and think he got hired as Ollie's next in line.

And BTW - I got roasted for saying it - we're an anti-religious nation. This thread exemplifies what I mean. Public mention of religion brings immediate scorn and sarcasm from the intelligentsia.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
You do understand this is a team sport, right?

Of course I do. Trust me, I do. I'm a cowboys fan. Romo gets murdered in the media for not winning more than one playoff game, and every time the cowboys lose, it's his fault. The reality is, he has never had an elite supporting cast. An elite quarterback can take an average team deep in the playoffs. Romo is very good, but not elite.

I wrote the above paragraph because that's also how I feel about Eli. He is great in the 2 minute drill, and when he has an elite supporting cast, he can win a super bowl (see 2007-2008). However, he has had an average to above average team each of the last few years, and hasn't won a playoff game. He is very good. But not elite unless he proves he can take a team with flaws deep into the playoffs. Rodgers did it. Brady has done it, and his brother has done it. They are elite. I'm sorry, but Eli isn't until he does that.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that Dallas and Denver are complete opposites. Denver wins games that they should have lost. Dallas finds ways to lose games that they appear to have in hand.

Reaction Score
Of course I do. Trust me, I do. I'm a cowboys fan. Romo gets murdered in the media for not winning more than one playoff game, and every time the cowboys lose, it's his fault. The reality is, he has never had an elite supporting cast. An elite quarterback can take an average team deep in the playoffs. Romo is very good, but not elite.

I wrote the above paragraph because that's also how I feel about Eli. He is great in the 2 minute drill, and when he has an elite supporting cast, he can win a super bowl (see 2007-2008). However, he has had an average to above average team each of the last few years, and hasn't won a playoff game. He is very good. But not elite unless he proves he can take a team with flaws deep into the playoffs. Rodgers did it. Brady has done it, and his brother has done it. They are elite. I'm sorry, but Eli isn't until he does that.
Also remember in 2008 he had that should have been intercepted dropped on the last drive. He must have done something right when he was young. Because he seems to have more interceptions dropped than anyone. Last night he threw what should have been a pick 6 and the defender just let it go through his arms.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He is Jekyll and hyde-ish. He makes some unbelievable plays, but he is also the same QB who threw 25 (!!) interceptions last year. However, if he carries this giants team in his back to a nfc championship game or the super bowl, and i'll say he's elite.

Reaction Score
Any talk of Eli being elite is laughable. He gave up 49 points to New Orleans! Elite QBs don't do that. Then he had the nerve to lead his team to a go ahead drive too quickly leaving enough time for Aaron Rodgers to drive the Packers down for a game winning field goal. Elite QBs don't do that. He almost did it again last night leaving too much time for Romo to drive down for a game tying field goal. He really needs to work on his defense and clock management to be considered elite.

Reaction Score
Also remember in 2008 he had that should have been intercepted dropped on the last drive. He must have done something right when he was young. Because he seems to have more interceptions dropped than anyone. Last night he threw what should have been a pick 6 and the defender just let it go through his arms.
And the interception he did throw last night was a tipped ball and incredble catch by the linebacker with an O-lineman draped all over him. Terrible play by Eli right?

A lot of Eli's picks are tipped passes or drops by his WRs. His receivers make some great catches, they also drop a ton of easy passes. Cruz and Manningham drop the easy passes all the time. Some lead to interceptions, others to stalled drive.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wing u, there's a big difference between very good and elite. Eli is very good. Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady are first ballot HOFers. I don't know why saying he isn't in that group is being taken as such an insult by Giants fans.

Reaction Score
I turned it off and sent my son to bed after Miles Austin scored. He then got a text from a friend telling him the Giants won. Stop, I replied.

I must be your friend because I got the same message!

Reaction Score
Wing u, there's a big difference between very good and elite. Eli is very good. Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady are first ballot HOFers. I don't know why saying he isn't in that group is being taken as such an insult by Giants fans.
Funny how you call him out as not being elite because they lost 4 straight games, and then completely ignore the circumstances behind losing those some of those games.

You gave a couple reasons why you think he isn't elite. Both have been shown to be pretty bad reasons. Are you going to explain why Eli was to blame for the 49 points New Orleans scored? Or are you going to explain why he couldn't stop the Packers from kicking a game winning field goal? Are you going to explain why he is to blame for giving up the 4th quarter lead against San Francisco? Would you like to explain what he could have done differently when Desean Jackson returned the punt for the win last year?

You even compared him to Romo, how many Super Bowl MVPs does Romo have?

Almost all of your "reasons" are easily disproven and transparent excuses you use to continue denying what most people already know.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Did someone say Dallas hasn't provided a supporting cast for Romo? Is that supposed to be a joke?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
So I have a question, wing u. Do you think Eli is on the level of Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton? Those are the elite quarterbacks in this league. Eli is very good. He is not on that level. Do you think he's a first ballot hall of famer, like those three?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom