Eight state natives among true freshmen on UConn football roster (updated to 9). | The Boneyard

Eight state natives among true freshmen on UConn football roster (updated to 9).

Reaction Score
Fuller: Eight state natives among true freshmen on UConn football roster

The on-line version of the roster is a clearly a work in progress ... it has University of Miami transfer Ryan Fines listed as a freshman and is missing some info for the new folks but some interesting (PWO I presume) surprise additions as Jim Fuller noted

Tenzin Pharachesur is a 6-2 315lb OL/DT from Lexington MA. Highlights

Douglas Wardlaw is a 6-3 290lb (edit correction) DL (Class of 2017 who attended Union College via the Hopkins School in New Haven).

Mike Freeman -Wide Receiver (still looking)

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Probably need another admin at half a mill to get the roster right.

Maybe this time they hire one who can count so they don’t land at 84.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

The on-line version of the roster is a clearly a work in progress ... it has University of Miami transfer Ryan Fines listed as a freshman and is missing some info for the new folks but some interesting (PWO I presume) surprise additions as Jim Fuller noted

Douglas Wardlaw is a 6-3 200lb DL (Class of 2017 who attended Union College via the Hopkins School in New Haven).

Freeman?

Michael Freeman on Hudl

Reaction Score

Douglas Wardlaw is a 6-3 200lb DL (Class of 2017 who attended Union College via the Hopkins School in New Haven).

I thought 200 was a little light for a DL.
Douglas Wardlaw - 2017 Football -

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
And Laravey Banton is listed as a QB. Hmmm. Why can't they get a kid from english lit to team up with a kid from marketing and another from statistics to write quality bios. I mean - isn't this a friggen university with motivated students eager for hands on doing?

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that out of the 30+ thousand that go to that school you can't come up with a handful that can keep the university's sports news and stats up to the minute updated? It's little things like that either make you look like you belong or prove that you don't.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This gives us 101 combined scholarship and non scholarship players this August. If the limit is 105 for the combined and we have been docked three scholarship spaces this fall (I think that is what Edsall said a few weeks ago), then we have just one slot left for either a scholarship or non scholarship player. Again, this is for this fall only, I believe the 3 scholarship dockage pertain to this fall only.

Reaction Score
Figured out how I missed on Pharachesur... it was announced on Facebook by the Tibetan Association of Boston - duh?

022.jpg

Started on a decent team in a decent D1 league in MA.

Reaction Score
Another PWO: Former Hamden Hall standout Krannich joining UConn football program

>>Former Hamden Hall receiver/defensive back Cameron Krannich, who originally enrolled at UMass-Lowell, is expected to join the program as a preferred walk-on according to Hamden Hall coach Joe Linta. It is the same route that incoming freshman linebacker A.J. Repollet and junior defensive back Kyle Williams have taken with Williams earning the start at cornerback in UConn’s annual spring game in April.<<

It’s actually spelled Kranich and was a UMass Lowell commit for lacrosse. He’s 6-2 180lbs.

Reaction Score
But I keep reading on the Yard that UConn doesn’t recruit Connecticut kids. How can this be?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
FWIW - I dont see Michael Freeman or Kranich on the UConn Football roster just yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom