Effort is overrated | The Boneyard

Effort is overrated

Reaction Score
Every team gives effort, notice no one uses that word when you win, you know what wins clutchnes and touch which leads to production. To me the word effort is an excuse for losing. We gotta be better and its nota lack of effort its a lack of production. Whatsup with the constant misses from the ft line from guards too thats on the coaches too as much of the guys missing at the line.

Reaction Score
Hard disagree on this thread title.

Name me one championship team with below average effort/grit/whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Every team gives effort, notice no one uses that word when you win, you know what wins clutchnes and touch which leads to production. To me the word effort is an excuse for losing. We gotta be better and its nota lack of effort its a lack of production. Whatsup with the constant misses from the ft line from guards too thats on the coaches too as much of the guys missing at the line.

Disagree.

As I said on another thread.

Loose balls.

UConn lunges and Nova dives. That's effort. That's going all out for the extra possession.

Difference between wanting to win and actually doing things to win.

Reaction Score
Disagree.

As I said on another thread.

Loose balls.

UConn lunges and Nova dives. That's effort. That's going all out for the extra possession.

Difference between wanting to win and actually doing things to win.

Exactly, thats efficient effort EE, lunging is wasted effort WE. like you just said wanting to win meaning vs actually winning hence doing things to win. When we dive for loose balls what happens it goes off our hands, when we shoot 3s or go to the line what happens we miss, thus lack of production.

Reaction Score
Was going to write a long treatise in defense of "effort" as relating to sporting outcomes, but it just seemed like too much um never mind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom