Effort is easy, winning is not. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Effort is easy, winning is not.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i'd like to rep us 'don't work hard or smart' folks. our motto is 'just don't work.' work is a four letter word.

Reaction Score
I think you all get it. Like for instance AG worked harder but not smarter the other night, today he worked smarter. The best basketball players work smarter like Kemba and Shabazz, Bouk for instance. Tom Brady for example doesn't necessarily work harder then a journeyman qb, he just works smarter, same as Belichick to other coaches. A pitcher in base ball for instance could throw 95 plus and the league figures him out, and hes out of the league, the best pitcher mixes pitches and makes adjustments hes working smarter.

At work your boss wants production, you could have someone in the office who work hard but sucks and gets zero production hence wasted effort. When you go out to eat do you care about the cook who works hard in the kitchen no you dont you want the food to be good thats production. Notice the best cooks just work smarter not harder. Ok I think I said enough

BTW did Scoes theorem work for the team today?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think you all get it. Like for instance AG worked harder but not smarter the other night, today he worked smarter. The best basketball players work smarter like Kemba and Shabazz, Bouk for instance. Tom Brady for example doesn't necessarily work harder then a journeyman qb, he just works smarter, same as Belichick to other coaches. A pitcher in base ball for instance could throw 95 plus and the league figures him out, and hes out of the league, the best pitcher mixes pitches and makes adjustments hes working smarter.

At work your boss wants production, you could have someone in the office who work hard but sucks and gets zero production hence wasted effort. When you go out to eat do you care about the cook who works hard in the kitchen no you dont you want the food to be good thats production. Notice the best cooks just work smarter not harder. Ok I think I said enough

BTW did Scoes theorem work for the team today?

It's like you sobered up.

But its not when your winning your getting production and not wasted effort.

That was short-lived.

Reaction Score
Cowboys played the Pats down to the but at the end it was wasted effort, no team played harder, Patriots just played smarter they didn’t turn it over, they. Play smarter not harder.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I guess I could explain the effort part better, effort should always be there it should be ingrained already in the mind, thats why it should be easy. When effort needs to be pointed out your wasting your time, the coaches time, in the work situation your bosses time, for instance if the coach needs to yell at the team for not giving effort, during that time period he could be drawing up a play. When someone says well I worked hard that makes you a loser, it makes excuses for your lack of production. When your not happy that you didnt get the result that means you know that it was wasted effort. When your focus is more on effort, you put pressure on yourself and, it makes you over work and you make mistakes and you lose because you worked harder instead of working smarter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom