Effort is easy, winning is not. | The Boneyard

Effort is easy, winning is not.

Reaction Score
Think about it. Effort is for losers, winning is for winners, btw the fact that someone disliked my thread means your settling for mediocrity which means you support losing which is not ok.

Reaction Score
So under the parameters of Scoe’s Theorem, Winning takes no effort?

Oh now I didn’t say that your putting words in my mouth. You still gotta give effort to win no doubt but have you ever heard the saying it’s better to work smarter then harder.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Oh now I didn’t say that your putting words in my mouth. You still gotta give effort to win no doubt but have you ever heard the saying it’s better to work smarter then harder.

Why would work smart and then decide to work hard?

Reaction Score
But anybody can give effort that’s why it’s easy, when your not getting results it’s wasted effort, production = results =winning.

Reaction Score
Effort leads to winning. It isn't an either or.

nor is it a process that happens overnight.
Sure it’s not gonna get results overnight but you cannot settle for losing which is the same thing as wasted effort.

Reaction Score
I could dive into this if I really wanted to but it’s kind of late right now just think about it I guess I could explain tomorrow.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Before I read the whole thing is there a point to this thread?
If you like stream of consciousness writing without punctuation that makes its point more boorishly and less artfully than when Vince Lombardi said, "Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing," go for it.

The Glengarry Glen Ross clip is vintage Mamet that mines the vein.

We've been told it might all get explained in the morning. I won't post the Ted Knight, "We're waiting" from Animal House*. We aren't.

*Obvious error edit: Judge Smales in Caddy Shack

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But anybody can give effort that’s why it’s easy, when your not getting results it’s wasted effort, production = results =winning.
I sort of get it. It’s like the idiots who send emails all weekend to make it look like they’re hard workers. When really the emails just point out the obvious and say the same things everyone else already said. Not hard to send the emails (in fact, they could have written them during office hours and been offline and waited to sync up over the weekend to look hardworking - I know these people).

Much harder to have impact. Much harder to have impact and not start fires where everyone is in reactive mode all the time. Work smart, not hard.

Reaction Score
If you like stream of consciousness writing without punctuation that makes its point more boorishly and less artfully than when Vince Lombardi said, "Winning isn't everything. It's the only thing," go for it.

The Glengarry Glen Ross clip is vintage Mamet that mines the vein.

We've been told it might all get explained in the morning. I won't post the Ted Knight, "We're waiting" from Animal House. We aren't.

Caddy Shack

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Before I read the whole thing is there a point to this thread?
The point I believe is that losing hero ball ought not be excused just because the would-be hero has a rep of working hard.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anybody can give effort and win a participation trophy but can you win that’s what counts.
Kind of like this OP. It's an effort but a loser?:cool:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The point I believe is that losing hero ball ought not be excused just because the would-be hero has a rep of working hard.
It is very obvious what he was implying. The problem I have is the lack of balance people make in their statements.
First hero ball is a judgement. Even if it's accurate CV only took two quick shots that were not in the flow of the offense.
Second it's known he has limitations on offense. Why hold that against him. He more than makes up for his limitations by his effort. I don't believe there are/were too many UConn players who put more effort in a game.
I doubt he makes more stupid plays than anyone else on the team now or in the past. Some of us just focus on him more negatively than other players (or other fans) and suffer from the same egocentric problem we ascribe to CV our own rightness.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Effort leads to winning. It isn't an either or.

nor is it a process that happens overnight.

Too broad of a brush. If you keep doing the wrong things at max effort, you aren't going to win. You'll further ingrain and perpetuate bad habits. One of Vital's issues right now.

Doing the right things, at max effort, should lead to winning, or at the very least, improvement.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Effort is easy is pretty much the antithesis of everything I’ve ever heard in my entire life. You are a true trend setter my friend.

Reaction Score
Concentrated effort with self awareness and selflessness = winning.

Don’t @ me

Reaction Score
Think about it. Effort is for losers, winning is for winners, btw the fact that someone disliked my thread means your settling for mediocrity which means you support losing which is not ok.
Can you teach this old dog how to dislike the thread?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Can you teach this old dog how to dislike the thread?

Hover over the 'like' button. When the dropdown comes up, click on the frowny face.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom