Efficiency vs Marquette

Big Mick

The all knowing Mick
Reaction Score
1644806918157.png

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I have a few questions. This is the Player Performance Rating (PER) created by Hollinger? Because this rating only includes blocks and steals on defense, the overall rating is not a reliable indicator of how good they did overall on defense, correct? Also, a player can have a high PER because they come into the game for the last 10 minutes against the other teams 2nd unit, right?

I think it would be nice if we had a similar algorithm for defense. IS there such a thing? If a person is scores 30 points in a game but gives up 35 points either directly or indirectly on defense, I would consider this a bad game. The person that comes to mind for me is Arike Ogunbowale. She was an incredible offensive player, but I always thought her defense was pretty bad. But I am sure she ended up her college career with a really high PER.

It would be nice to have some kind of indicator for defense that reveals how many times you get beat off the dribble and a score or an assist occurs, etc. Then you could really get an idea about a players overall performance in a game!

Reaction Score
If you are looking at efficiency, please notice that Chrystin Williams has been scoring in double figures the last couple of games and is steadily contributing to the Team's success.

Reaction Score
If you are looking at efficiency, please notice that Chrystin Williams has been scoring in double figures the last couple of games and is steadily contributing to the Team's success.
After several BY’s had her throwing in the towel. I think she’s recommitted herself...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom