Effects of no fans on who wins Titles | The Boneyard

Effects of no fans on who wins Titles

Reaction Score
Just an observation. With no fans, we have the Lakers, Dodgers, Tampa Bay Lightening winning titles so far. You can easily make the argument that those teams were the most "talented" teams based on roster. So, a hypothesis would be that with no fans, and all the home/away game pressures, advantages, etc. that comes with it, the "talent rises to the top.' A good omen for UConn - you can make the argument they are the most talented group "on paper".

Reaction Score
Nice Post!
I've been thinking the opposite. No fans levels the playing field.
Firstly, name me a champion in any sport that was a big upset, a team that would have benefitted from fan attention. Don't the best teams usually win no matter what.
You could examine the playoffs and see upsets. LA Clippers demise, rise of the Nuggets, Heat.
I compare the Covid world as a post season pickup game. I'm relating to being able to upset the "stacked" team with a bit of hustle and grit.
UConn women for example expect full houses no matter where they go. It's got to be a let down with no fans. I say it levels things out. However, UConn's discipline and focused purpose could rule the day!

Reaction Score
It could make a difference in players who thrive on cheers and need them to get pumped up. Or players who tend to choke with people watching. But then in reality most wcbb teams play in front of a couple hundred. fans.

I agree that the disciplined teams will be around for the FF.

Reaction Score
As a viewer, what makes me crazy is when the "can'ed" noise drowns out the announcers. Huh? how does that make the viewing experience better? (Well, OK, I suppose it depends on the quality of the announcers)

Reaction Score
As a viewer, what makes me crazy is when the "can'ed" noise drowns out the announcers. Huh? how does that make the viewing experience better? (Well, OK, I suppose it depends on the quality of the announcers)

They are trying to drown out the voices of the coaches and players. A sizable portion of the TV audience would blush at the language some of their sweet "girls" use.
I've always liked the idea of offering viewers an alternate audio feed that eliminates the announcers and gives me the game chatter on the court, the PA announcer and the coaches' voices.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score

It's not canned noise; it's the cardboard cutouts, being vociferous!

I am getting used to the "new normal" regarding home crowds. It is sort of refreshing to actually be able to hear the coaches and the players yell to each other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom