Edwards named to Canada’s national team | The Boneyard

Edwards named to Canada’s national team

Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards has been named to Canada’s senior national team. The team will play in a tournament hosted by Canada, to qualify for an Olympics-qualifying tournament. Not to shabby for a kid ranked as the 26th best high school senior from ESPN. She’s severely under ranked. She and Paige are the best of the class, and I’m glad they’ll both be at UConn next year.

Kia Nurse is part of the team as well.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to her. Looks like the game is in 11 hours? 6:30 PM my time, maybe 9:30 east coast time? could be a fun game to watch...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Aaliyah Edwards has been named to Canada’s senior national team. The team will play in a tournament hosted by Canada, to qualify for an Olympics-qualifying tournament. Not to shabby for a kid ranked as the 26th best high school senior from ESPN. She’s severely under ranked. She and Paige are the best of the class, and I’m glad they’ll both be at UConn next year.

Great news. UConn will be getting a freshman next year who’s already earned a spot on the Canadian National Team. That’s something we’ve never seen before.....wait a minute..... :oops:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
What’s cool about this is that UConn WBB has had a significant presence on the US National team for many years. Now it appears that the Huskies are building a presence on the Canadian National team as well. Hopefully, we can also look forward to a presence on the Polish and Croatian National teams, and should not overlook Batouly’s stint with the Guinea National team.

Reaction Score
Yes we have players who played on the Guinea and Polish teams...how has that worked out for us so far?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Yes we have players who played on the Guinea and Polish teams...how has that worked out for us so far?
I'd say it's working really well so far. Anna is a starter, and while she shot 0-3, had 3 rebounds, 5 assists and 2 steals. Once she relaxes, the offense will come. She's a very solid player and will have a terrific 4-year career at UCONN.

As for Batouly, she's pretty much been injured her entire UCONN career, so I'd say being a great teammate.

No idea if Anna or Batouly will lead to any kind of pipeline, but it's like questioning what the big deal is in getting someone out of Christ the King or Mater Dei. Does it help in the future? Dunno, but it surely doesn't hurt...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just adding the USA - Brazil Link. I think it starts 3:30 Eastern Time?

Reaction Score
Edwards not on the board yet but she is amazingly fast and athletic. Nice defensive stance too. :)

Reaction Score
Funny how last Olympic cycle Nurse started but the offense ran away from her side. This year she is the feature player, at least tonight.
And add to my Edwards comment that she is also strong.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Just a comment - Shaina Pellington, who played 15 minutes and scored 9 points is at Arizona, where she is sitting out a year as a transfer from Oklahoma.

Reaction Score

OH, Canada! She seems to be following KIA's path to stardom. 26th ranked is good. As long as when she arrives at Uconn she becomes Uconn's number ONE player. Geno ranks players by what he see's not so much how SERVIcES rank them. good to great coaches rely on their instincts and eyes.

Reaction Score
Link to Canada vs The Dominican Rep. scheduled for Sunday at 6:15 pm. Edwards is a sub but the bonus is getting to watching Nurse.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
as long as Edwards makes it back with her signing hand intact. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Canada won their final game by 50.

Edwards 2/7 from the field for 4 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal

By far her best game in the tournament. She missed some bunnies (and FT's) but her motor and effort on both ends of the court was very impressive. She drove by people with ease, passed the ball very well, moved her feet and arms on defense and was an animal on the boards. Enjoy the replay.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom