Edwards Invited to AmeriCup Training Camp | The Boneyard

Edwards Invited to AmeriCup Training Camp

Reaction Score
Wow how the game is changing. With 5 on the roster listed with in an inch of her height listed as forwards AE is listed as a guard. I love it, she can not only pound with the bigs but out run them and most guards down the court. We did see examples of that this past season. Arriving late in Storrs is a non issue when it is due to improving one's game via international competition. Love AE's game and can't wait to see the progress.

Reaction Score
It is great for her development to be surrounded and to play against professional women basketball players. I think it will help her inside game to develop moves to compensate for her size difference against taller bigs. I see her as a finished 3 similar to Pheesa as she develops. Pheesa, when she was a freshman her best attribute was her hustle and desire to rebound. Remind you of anyone. As a Sophomore she became more of a factor inside with lefty layups and quickness to the hoop. Hopefully, we will see Aaliyah's improvement when she gets to Storrs.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It is great for her development to be surrounded and to play against professional women basketball players. I think it will help her inside game to develop moves to compensate for her size difference against taller bigs. I see her as a finished 3 similar to Pheesa as she develops. Pheesa, when she was a freshman her best attribute was her hustle and desire to rebound. Remind you of anyone. As a Sophomore she became more of a factor inside with lefty layups and quickness to the hoop. Hopefully, we will see Aaliyah's improvement when she gets to Storrs.
As already stated, Edwards was expected to make that sophomore leap anyway. This exposure to, and participation in the Americup Training Camp will only hasten and fortify that expectation.

Reaction Score
She's been fortunate to have been experiencing this for several years. She spent a summer with the SWNT team along with Merissah Russell of Louisville before her senior year at Crestwood.

She's taken advantage of every opportunity that has been given to her. It's great to see Canada Basketball willing to take the risk, where they see it being appropriate with the development of their elite players.

Reaction Score
In 2019 she played in the Americup. She had 9 points on 4 of 6 shooting and 1 of 1 from three against the USA in the gold medal game playing the wing. She also had 4 steals.

She also played in the U19 tournament that year as a 17 year old so may be eligible again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom