Edsall's Open Door Policy Brings Former UConn Players, State College Coaches To Storrs (M. Anthony) | The Boneyard

Edsall's Open Door Policy Brings Former UConn Players, State College Coaches To Storrs (M. Anthony)

Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-0409-20170408-story.html

>>In total, about a dozen former UConn players have returned to watch a practice and spend time with Edsall and the staff in the past three weeks. Among the players (from various eras) to return during spring practice are Geremy Davis, Andrew Adams, Todman, DJ Hernandez, Matt Latham, Lou Donato, Quanear Gaskin, Abbott Burrell, Andy Bessette, Zach Hurd, Orlovsky and Smallwood. Lutrus, Rob Lunn and Dan Ryan plan to visit next week<<

>>Each week, two of three UConn practices are open to the media for 45 minutes to an hour. All three are open to former members of the program, and members of the Connecticut football community.

The coaching staffs from Central Connecticut and Trinity and other programs recently attended practices. They were barred from attending practices under Diaco. Edsall embraces those relationships and all his practices are open to coaches from other state colleges.<<

Last edited:

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
http://www.courant.com/sports/UConn-football/hc-UConn-football-0409-20170408-story.html

>>In total, about a dozen former UConn players have returned to watch a practice and spend time with Edsall and the staff in the past three weeks. Among the players (from various eras) to return during spring practice are Geremy Davis, Andrew Adams, Todman, DJ Hernandez, Matt Latham, Lou Donato, Quanear Gaskin, Abbott Burrell, Andy Bessette, Zach Hurd, Orlovsky and Smallwood. Lutrus, Rob Lunn and Dan Ryan plan to visit next week<<

>>Each week, two of three UConn practices are open to the media for 45 minutes to an hour. All three are open to former members of the program, and members of the Connecticut football community.

The coaching staffs from Central Connecticut and Trinity and other programs recently attended practices. They were barred from attending practices under Diaco. Edsall embraces those relationships and all his practices are open to coaches from other state colleges.<<

Diablo is a psychopathic tool and cupcake trasher. I feel sorry for the defensive players and anybody else who has to deal with that nutjob at Nebraska.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Look, HCRE 2.0 will ultimately be judged based off of what the team accomplishes on the field, but as someone who was extremely happy with the hire, even I find myself impressed at how HCRE 2.0 seems to have a different outlook and aura about him this go around.

Fingers crossed one of the QBs is a play maker, because along with the O-Line nothing would expedite a resurgence quicker.

Reaction Score

2/3 >>Rob Lunn: "It was absolutely a closed door. We were locked out at almost every turn. We weren’t his guys and we were told we weren’t."<<

3/3 >>Lunn: “Under Pasqualoni it was a lot less. But under Diaco if you weren’t one of his guys you weren’t coming back."<<

Reaction Score
Not to be that guy, but the #REverything needs to stop sooner or later. I've always been an Edsall supporter, and he really seems like he's changed for the better, but it's not all about Edsall. I'm not blaming him, I know he doesn't run the UConn Football twitter page, but Edsall had a lot of great assistant coaches and players come through, and while he deserves respect for building the program, I don't think we need to tie him specifically into every single tweet using "#RE..."

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

2/3 >>Rob Lunn: "It was absolutely a closed door. We were locked out at almost every turn. We weren’t his guys and we were told we weren’t."<<

3/3 >>Lunn: “Under Pasqualoni it was a lot less. But under Diaco if you weren’t one of his guys you weren’t coming back."<<

Often rumored/discussed... now, with direct quotes.

Reaction Score

2/2 >>Edsall: “As long as I am a head coach, everybody is welcome"<<

3/3>>Edsall says that part of bringing former players back is a networking opportunity to help current guys with life after football<<

Last edited:

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not to be that guy, but the #REverything needs to stop sooner or later. I've always been an Edsall supporter, and he really seems like he's changed for the better, but it's not all about Edsall. I'm not blaming him, I know he doesn't run the UConn Football twitter page, but Edsall had a lot of great assistant coaches and players come through, and while he deserves respect for building the program, I don't think we need to tie him specifically into every single tweet using "#RE..."

And what exactly do you do for a living? You realizing the social media is big when it comes to recruiting? The way UConn football is currently using social media is exponentially better than the ways they've used is prior.

Civil Conflict ring a bell?

Reaction Score
And what exactly do you do for a living? You realizing the social media is big when it comes to recruiting? The way UConn football is currently using social media is exponentially better than the ways they've used is prior.

Civil Conflict ring a bell?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

A social media presence is absolutely important. But if you think a hashtag is going to factor into kids picking UConn over anyone else, you're seriously, seriously mistaken.

Yes, the social media account is much, much, much better. They aren't perfect.

Reaction Score
It'll come to an end but in the meantime I actually kind of like it. There's nothing wrong with drumming up some excitement over the good ol' days and I think that's what they're going for.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

A social media presence is absolutely important. But if you think a hashtag is going to factor into kids picking UConn over anyone else, you're seriously, seriously mistaken.

Yes, the social media account is much, much, much better. They aren't perfect.

It's a bit self absorbed and tacky, but it is literally the only thing we have to crow about at the moment.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Time to REsend you back to REprogramming. #REStorred.

Reaction Score

My god, what an unbelievable ass we had on our sideline for 3 entire seasons.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
My god, what an unbelievable ass we had on our sideline for 3 entire seasons.
But did you see the conFLiCT trophy he made while the doors were locked? :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom