Edsall weighs in!!! | The Boneyard

Edsall weighs in!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or a plane heading to his next "dream job"

Reaction Score
In him, we have an ally in conference affiliation. We should be cheering for him to succeed at Maryland.

Reaction Score
He also tweeted that he wanted DeAndre and Boat to tell the team they were leaving early

Reaction Score
Glad Uconn didn't run the prevent offense lol, all joking aside that was a classy tweet.

Reaction Score
In him, we have an ally in conference affiliation. We should be cheering for him to succeed at Maryland.
How do you figure that? The guy that didn't have enough intestinal fortitude to take the plane ride home with his team and explain along the way what his plans were? The guy that was crouching halfway through the 4th quarter of the Fiesta Bowl looking at his watch? Go ahead and cheer him all you want but sooner than later it won't be from a Maryland bench your cheering him on from.

Reaction Score
How do you figure that? The guy that didn't have enough intestinal fortitude to take the plane ride home with his team and explain along the way what his plans were? The guy that was crouching halfway through the 4th quarter of the Fiesta Bowl looking at his watch? Go ahead and cheer him all you want but sooner than later it won't be from a Maryland bench your cheering him on from.

Come on buddy, give it up. This is major college football not some Under 10 Pop Warner team. Randy fulfilled his responsibility to coach UConn in the Fiesta and, at that point, needed to discretely leave to finalize the Maryland hiring without the news media or Tweeters breaking the news. What part of that can't people understand?

Reaction Score
Come on buddy, give it up. This is major college football not some Under 10 Pop Warner team. Randy fulfilled his responsibility to coach UConn in the Fiesta and, at that point, needed to discretely leave to finalize the Maryland hiring without the news media or Tweeters breaking the news. What part of that can't people understand?

Also, and this doesn't change the dynamic or the decision, but the "team" wasn't on the team flight. Only about 25% of the players were on the flight back, with the rest dispersing with their families in Arizona. The next opportunity to have all of the players on campus in a single room would not happen for 2-3 more weeks.

Reaction Score
Also, and this doesn't change the dynamic or the decision, but the "team" wasn't on the team flight. Only about 25% of the players were on the flight back, with the rest dispersing with their families in Arizona. The next opportunity to have all of the players on campus in a single room would not happen for 2-3 more weeks.

Edsall handled that situation exactly as it needed to be handled. It's an imperfect world in college sports and, unfortunately, the Maryland appointment had to be kept under wraps (at their insistence) until he was in College Park and they could break the news. And, to be fair, if he had been offered and had accepted prior to the Fiesta Bowl, he probably wouldn't have been allowed to coach the team. So in the end, the team needed to act like men, not elementary school kids whose Little League Coach quit before the team picnic.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Randy Edsall's comments are irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Edsall weighed in? He has been looking kind of portly as of late.

Reaction Score

Randy Edsall has no influence in that regard. Once he gets fired after his first and only B1G win, he may be an NFL Asst, or coaching in the FCS.

Reaction Score

This is Weyuo. He love Pasqualoni and he has the gall to pick this bone.

What was worse? Leaving in an awkward fashion? Or trying to stay and attempting to destroy UConn football?

Reaction Score
I'm amazed by those who negate all the positives of Edsall's tenure because he wasn't quite Bud Wilkinson in his prime and may not have followed Emily Post's "Elements of a Gracious Exit" when he left. Seriously? The stadium, the practice facilities, the conference championships, the win in South Bend, the BCS bowl versus the failure to fly home with the team? Get some perspective.

Reaction Score
I'm amazed by those who negate all the positives of Edsall's tenure because he wasn't quite Bud Wilkinson in his prime and may not have followed Emily Post's "Elements of a Gracious Exit" when he left. Seriously? The stadium, the practice facilities, the conference championships, the win in South Bend, the BCS bowl versus the failure to fly home with the team? Get some perspective.

Agreed. I was kinda upset the way he left, but he had 2 horrible seasons at Maryland so in my mind he paid his dues. I was also in the camp where yes Edsall had success at UConn, but never had a better than a 9-3 season. So I really think it was time for a change for the program anyway. He laid probably the most solid foundation for a nice up and comer to step into and build upon. Unfortunately, a certain AD who shall not be named didn't have an ounce of college sport insight or knowledge and trusted a bunch of high school coaches to make his next hire. In the end, it happened and now we're moving on. Although I'll have to say, probably my fondest memory of UConn football was Edsall making the call to go for it on 4th and 2 against Pitt. I was at that game and that is probably the game i will always remember pretty much play for play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom