Edsall to Jags??? Only a rumor @ this point. | The Boneyard

Edsall to Jags??? Only a rumor @ this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dave Razzano (@DaveRazzano)
11/29/11 6:57 PM
Look for Maryland coach Randy Edsall to get strong consideration in Jcksonville

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The owner sold the team and its been nearly 15 years since he was the DB coach. It makes no sense that he'd be considered a likely candidate, though he may be interested.

Reaction Score
The owner sold the team and its been nearly 15 years since he was the DB coach. It makes no sense that he'd be considered a likely candidate, though he may be interested.

Don't disagree... Just sharing the Tweet that made it's way to me. For all I know Razzano could be RE's agent's brother-in-law!

Reaction Score
I hope kids in school are getting trained about the Internet these days.

Just because you hear something stupid on the internet, doesn't mean you have to repeat it.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Edsall creates a rebuilding situation in Maryland in his first season. What could possibly make the Jags be desperate enough to hire him?

Reaction Score
UMD fans are going to be SO pissed if he bails on them after one year.

Reaction Score
I hope kids in school are getting trained about the Internet these days.

Just because you hear something stupid on the internet, doesn't mean you have to repeat it.

Maybe that's my problem... I usually read the internet not listen to it?

Dave Razzano is an NFL scout with more than 22 years of professional scouting experience with the San Francisco 49ers, St. Louis Rams and Arizona Cardinals under NFL coaches including Bill Walsh, George Seifert, Chuck Knox and Dick Vermeil. He's been a part of five Super Bowls with three Super Bowl wins (49ers, 1989, 1990; Rams, 2000) and he consistently delivers independent unfiltered opinions on college and pro football talent.

Reaction Score
Oh good. Another Randy Edsall thread. Why would people actually want to be discussing UConn football this week with the season on the line.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh good. Another Randy Edsall thread. Why would people actually want to be discussing UConn football this week with the season on the line.

Because Bruce Carter blocked a bunch of punts in a game 3 years ago?

Reaction Score

BL - it's Tuesday.... We might peak early.

Reaction Score
Is this sarcasm? Cause they'd pack his bags and drive him to the airport.

Actually they wouldnt have to he probably will fly straight to jacksonville from their last away game this season

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Come on, you and Biz love Randy Edsall. Me, I love PP. No homo bro.

Pretty funny. I don't actually love Randy Edsall. I just know he did a good job here. Once he left, I stopped caring if he went 2-10 or 10-2.

He is probably better off being an assistant in the NFL. If he does end up a head coach in the MAC he'll probably win a bunch of league titles.

Reaction Score
Pretty funny. I don't actually love Randy Edsall. I just know he did a good job here. Once he left, I stopped caring if he went 2-10 or 10-2.

He is probably better off being an assistant in the NFL. If he does end up a head coach in the MAC he'll probably win a bunch of league titles.
He did a good job here, I don't deny that. The things I hated about him are what Feinstein basically wrote and Jacobs chimed in today as well. When things go wrong, it is someone else's fault, when things go right its "hey, look at me, ain't I the greatest?" I wasn't a fan of his playing not to lose, rather than playing to win philosophy, but I could live with it if he didn't come across as such a raging .

I haven't paid too much attention to UMD either, but I didn't realize that Randy's first season there has been historic
Going from nine wins last year under Ralph Friedgen to two is the second biggest free fall by a first-year coach among power football conferences in the past 50 years.

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-jacobs-edsall-column-1130-20111130,0,2427044.column

Reaction Score
I could care less about what Edsall does from here on in. I care very much about what Coach P does.
You are like, Mr. High Road. At least someone can take the high road. Thank you for being that someone. We are all better off that at least someone on this board can take the high road.

Reaction Score
I could care less about what Edsall does from here on in. I care very much about what Coach P does.
I believe you, but YOU KNOW, there are a few apologistas that would be calling out the Edsall haters if FUCRE was 10-2, and saying how we was such a better coach than the current geriatric patrolling our sidelines. Because of his hubris, Edsall may not get the chance to rebuild UMD, so I admit I take some satisfaction in seeing P have way more success than Edsall in their respective first seasons. That is not to say I'm happy being 5-6.

Reaction Score
I believe you, but YOU KNOW, there are a few apologistas that would be calling out the Edsall haters if FUCRE was 10-2, and saying how we was such a better coach than the current geriatric patrolling our sidelines. Because of his hubris, Edsall may not get the chance to rebuild UMD, so I admit I take some satisfaction in seeing P have way more success than Edsall in their respective first seasons. That is not to say I'm happy being 5-6.

I think it was Whaler who said it, but nothing Edsall did here becomes more or less of an accomplishment because of what he does from here on in. Did I think he'd succeed at Maryland? Yup. Was this year an unmitigated disaster? Yup.

Do I care of there are UConn fans who hate him? Go ahead and hate. But I don't see why there is anything wrong with me wishing that a higher percentage of the discussions on this board were primarily about UConn football and not a former coach.

Reaction Score
I think it was Whaler who said it, but nothing Edsall did here becomes more or less of an accomplishment because of what he does from here on in. Did I think he'd succeed at Maryland? Yup. Was this year an unmitigated disaster? Yup.

Do I care of there are UConn fans who hate him? Go ahead and hate. But I don't see why there is anything wrong with me wishing that a higher percentage of the discussions on this board were primarily about UConn football and not a former coach.
The board has been awfully quiet with actual football talk. I won't start Edsall threads, but I'll jump in headfirst to any already going.

Just curious, why do you think he has flopped so bad his first year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom