Edsall Speaks To Middlesex Chamber Of Commerce 8/22/2019 | The Boneyard

Edsall Speaks To Middlesex Chamber Of Commerce 8/22/2019

Reaction Score
Wise words of randy

“You don’t need your quarterback to win you the Game” ughhh what? Some of the things this guy says leaves me scratching my head

Reaction Score
The QB just needs to manage the game and don’t turn the ball over. Run on 1st and 2nd down, screen pass on 3rd. If we make a first down great, If not punt and live to play another day. Play the field position game. Yeah that’s the ticket.

Reaction Score
He’s awkward. He says self-serving stuff. 2.0 hasn’t really been different than 1.0 in that respect.

What I want ... First Down. First Down. First Down. March up the field and look together - efficiency.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is not a used car salesman like UConn last coach and is not stuck in the 1990's. I like what he said about no cell phones in the diner hall as players have to talk to each other. I also thought have seats in the locker room so you have to talk to those near you is good as well. Too much texting and being on social media for young people. What he is doing with that, is a good thing and will help them later in life, being able to communicate.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Those who criticize coach Edsall, would you rather have BD or old man PP still?

Reaction Score
Those who criticize coach Edsall, would you rather have BD or man PP still?

Pretty low standard, is he better than PP or BD. On a good day I'm probably better than them. It is really, really stupid to not give out a 2 deep even if it has a lot of or's on it. Just like having no captains last year, and now this year we do . What's the point?

Reaction Score
I think all Pasqualoni's problem can be traced to George DeLeone. He was an awful coordinator. Even worse, the players hated that guy.

PP was ultimately responsible for hiring DeLeone but I agree, DeLeone was the issue. Imagine if we left Moorehead as OC and won games, resulting in Don Brown sticking around. Combine that with PP’s solid recruiting and we’d have been really good.

Amazing how at several moments in time, one key decision has literally destroyed us. Who to hire, who to promote and demote, which QB to play and so on. The pieces were here. We just blew it.

Reaction Score
PP was awful. Incredibly bad. Just because Diaco was even worse doesn't change that.

Reaction Score
Wise words of randy

“You don’t need your quarterback to win you the Game” ughhh what? Some of the things this guy says leaves me scratching my head
It seems like some of you have never heard Randy Edsall before. He has said the same thing about the quarterback since his first day ever. He believes that the quarterback is:
1. Manages the game
2. Makes the plays he should make
3. Doesn’t try to be a hero
4. Doesn’t make dumb turnovers.
When he had Orlovsky he gave the quarterback more latitude than when he had Hernandez. Lorenzen had more latitude than Boneslowski.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
He is not a used car salesman like UConn last coach and is not stuck in the 1990's. I like what he said about no cell phones in the diner hall as players have to talk to each other. I also thought have seats in the locker room so you have to talk to those near you is good as well. Too much texting and being on social media for young people. What he is doing with that, is a good thing and will help them later in life, being able to communicate.

"He is not stuck in the 1990s."

Next sentence you go on to talk about him banning cell phones in the dining hall, describing a rant he went on about modern communication. You think recruits are swarming to a guy that doesn't understand that kids like cell phones? This old man stuff isn't gonna get us where we want to be

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Those who criticize coach Edsall, would you rather have BD or old man PP still?

Neither. But if you'd insist on choosing between the two, PP. He recruited some NFL caliber players and has been on staff with decent programs since being here. Diaco has sunk like a lead balloon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom