Edsall Says No Names On Back Of Jerseys Is Coming | The Boneyard

Edsall Says No Names On Back Of Jerseys Is Coming

Reaction Score
I think Penn State is one of the only teams without names on the back. I like the names.. easier when I’m in my lazy boy to identify who’s who.. now I’ll have to have the roster in one hand and my beer in the other.. . I’m not for it

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think Penn State is one of the only teams without names on the back.

Notre Dame, USC and the Military Academies are historically a few others...

Pretty sure UConn didn’t have names on the back of the uniforms till Pasqualoni era.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame, USC and the Military Academies are historically a few others...

Pretty sure UConn didn’t have names on the back of the uniforms till Pasqualoni era.

Actually No: UConn had names on the jerseys in the Larry Naviaux. Tom Jackson. & Skip Holtz eras.

Reaction Score
As well as early in the HCRE 1 era. He took the names off as a team punishment for lack of performance & said that they would only be returned when he was satisfied that performance was up to snuff.

Reaction Score
Actually No: UConn had names on the jerseys in the Larry Naviaux. Tom Jackson. & Skip Holtz eras.
As well as early in the HCRE 1 era. He took the names off as a team punishment for lack of performance & said that they would only be returned when he was satisfied that performance was up to snuff.

Roger that... do you remember what year? I guess I was only remembering later Edsall years.

Reaction Score
For many kids, this is the "me generation"....

Opponent recruiters will surely use this...."Hey, no one watching will know who you are. Just another anonymous dude making a tackle."

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
For many kids, this is the "me generation"....

Opponent recruiters will surely use this...."Hey, no one watching will know who you are. Just another anonymous dude making a tackle."

Every generation is the me generation!

Every other program is out here doing wild stuff to cater to recruits and make them feel special. Randy Edsall is out here celebrating taking names OFF the jersies.

Zig when everyone else zags, I guess.

arch

Reaction Score
I think Penn State is one of the only teams without names on the back. I like the names.. easier when I’m in my lazy boy to identify who’s who.. now I’ll have to have the roster in one hand and my beer in the other.. . I’m not for it
Is your problem that you need two hands to hold one beer or that you need two beers, one in each hand?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
This would be the dumbest uniform decision in decades, and that's really saying something.

Why on earth would you make recruiting even harder on yourself voluntarily??? If the angle on the recruiting trail is that you can get to the NFL from UConn, then it would stand to reason that the recruit might actually want the scouts to see his friggin' name!

My goodness, how dumb can you get...

Reaction Score
Instead of being worried about names on the back of the jerseys and. Block C on the helmet he should be worried about evaluating, recruiting, and signing kids that are good enough to win some games because all we hear from his mouth other than this b******t is how there is no talent on the roster to compete in at this level never mind win any games.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Every generation is the me generation!

Every other program is out here doing wild stuff to cater to recruits and make them feel special. Randy Edsall is out here celebrating taking names OFF the jersies.

Zig when everyone else zags, I guess.
Niche. He cannot out glam the big boys he’s building a narrative. It definitely won’t play well with the top recruits that we aren’t getting.

Reaction Score
Instead of being worried about names on the back of the jerseys and. Block C on the helmet he should be worried about evaluating, recruiting, and signing kids that are good enough to win some games because all we hear from his mouth other than this b******t is how there is no talent on the roster to compete in at this level never mind win any games.
Hot97 tell em why you mad!

Reaction Score
It's his deal but honestly won't translate into anything other than difficulty for the fans. I see it as negative coaching but just one person's opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom