Edsall: Quarterback Bryant Shirreffs Has Played His Final Game For UConn | The Boneyard

Edsall: Quarterback Bryant Shirreffs Has Played His Final Game For UConn

Reaction Score
Figured all said and done it deserved it own thread.

Edsall: Quarterback Bryant Shirreffs Has Played His Final Game For UConn

>>"He came in and told me he thinks it's in his interest, basically, that he's going to be done," Edsall said. "That was the decision. He's still in concussion protocol, still symptomatic. I just told him I really appreciate everything he's done here this year and appreciate how competitive how he is and how much he tried to do everything he could to help the team win.<<

Reaction Score
Sucks that he went out that way, but in his best interest long-term. That kid deserves a statue (not really), but what he's given to this program has been matched by few. he deserved more support when things were bad, and this year as well.

Reaction Score
I am happy for the kid. Happy that he recognizes when enough is enough. Happy that he can focus on the things that matter most in life. Mostly, happy that he went out this year with a #30 passing ranking nationally (team) and so much more production (and fun) than what could've been the end - when Diaco put the final nail in his own coffin by burning a RS at QB in a meaningless game and benched a kid so many looked to for leadership.

Who knows maybe he wants to coach

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I always felt he had the IT factor but for some reason out of his control- never got to show it. When I met him last summer and spoke about the team for 90 minutes or so, I realized he was a great kid. I am happy he got to show what he was about this year and know he will be successful in his chosen field with his chosen company.

As far as FBS quarterbacks- Shireffs ranks 2nd to me behind Danny O. No one did more with less .

Reaction Score
He is one of the great Football Huskies for his character, toughness and loyalty in the face of a lot obstacles. Thanks for everything you gave, because you gave it your all and left it out there. You are the man!

Reaction Score
Good memories and very smart to get out with his health as a priority. Not often a guy gets called on to rebuild the foundation of a program twice. A warrior who upped his game this year and brought the offense with him. If not for the D we go Bowl-ing. Respect.

Reaction Score
I flew back to Georgia from the Virginia game sitting next to Bryant's father. We talked for 45 minutes or so about the team, coaches and his sons time at UCONN and Miami. The family breathes football and he was clearly proud of his kids. He should be. Bryant is one tough SOB. He will win in life for certain.

Reaction Score
I met Bryant this summer at the travelers. He was an extremely impressive young man to talk to. He definetely is one of my favorite Uconn players of all time.

I don't remember the player from USF who had the dirty hit on him to end his career, but hopefully he isn't a senior and we can get him back next year for that awful play.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He put it all on the field each and every game. He will always hold a special place for doing all he did with as little as he had around him.

Thank you Bryant Shirreffs for everything.

Reaction Score
The guy did a great job and this year was the best...of course he had good coaching this year...completely understand his decision and have great respect for him. Let's dedicate the rest of the season to him....win 'em both!

Reaction Score
Can you imagine if his 3 years here was with a competent coaching staff like he has today?
GREAT point! Just look at the progress he made under Lashlee with 1 spring, 1 preseason camp, and 10 games.

Reaction Score
Bryant, all the best for your future and thank you for being an very able and tough quarterback for UConn, during a period when it needed you so much. You have had a fantastic season, but you made the right decision for you and your family.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The guy did a great job and this year was the best...of course he had good coaching this year...completely understand his decision and have great respect for him. Let's dedicate the rest of the season to him....win 'em both!
One post in four years? You sure you're in this class or were you in the bathroom for 6 weeks and your zipper got stuck?:D

upload_2017-11-15_11-18-42.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom