Edsall: “Today’s Players Aren’t As Mentally Tough”- Gets Mocked By Local & National Media | The Boneyard

Edsall: “Today’s Players Aren’t As Mentally Tough”- Gets Mocked By Local & National Media

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

original tweet- will post others separately as you can’t post multiple tweets in one post for some reason now

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder if the coaching staff is just perpetually trolling us.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Is there an Edsall quote in existence where he actually takes a shred of responsibility for the situation we're in
Especially when Edsall's favorite play to run is called "2 yards and a ball of dust", and not one defensive back knows how to tackle

Reaction Score
I completely understand the frustration of where we are, but .........

this is one of thousands examples of how frustrating it is to read/listen to the media. I listened to the press conference. I did not hear him say kids are not mentally tough. Not once. I heard a reporter post that. I hear other reporters who are too lazy, RT it and add a snarky comment.

But are we really pillaging a coach who is frustrated with kids who don't go to class or understand accountability? Is that what this has come to? This is not intended as an apologista remark. I am admittedly bought in to the rebuild and desperately hoping to trust the process, as I see no better path forward. And yes, I would like to see better results on the field.

I find it interesting in a day and age where athletes often slide thru high school, get in to colleges solely because they are athletes, don't go to class or have classes made up for them, or even have tests taken for them and then can't understand why at age 25 life is passing them by, that the so-called media takes shots at a guy who is trying to teach them the same life lessons they will need once they emerge from the sports cocoon they have lived in.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
I thought he was sincere in his press conference, talking mostly about how he's trying to teach the guys life lessons, and how the current young men haven't been challenged in life the same way as previous players he's coached. Those are his observations and opinions, and I don't have any evidence to argue otherwise.

Reaction Score
I find it interesting in a day and age where athletes often slide thru high school, get in to colleges solely because they are athletes, don't go to class or have classes made up for them, or even have tests taken for them and then can't understand why at age 25 life is passing them by, that the so-called media takes shots at a guy who is trying to teach them the same life lessons they will need once they emerge from the sports cocoon they have lived in.

And in what era was this not occurring?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought he was sincere in his press conference, talking mostly about how he's trying to teach the guys life lessons, and how the current young men haven't been challenged in life the same way as previous players he's coached. Those are his observations and opinions, and I don't have any evidence to argue otherwise.
I should watch the tape tonight, that would be fair.

Thus far this rebuild has been a tough slog and any comments about generational issues just screams red flag that the coach has aged out of the game. Come on, there are 129 other programs working with the same pool of kids. At the end of the day, all the coaches have that same challenge (fortnite/social media/portal), so they are on equal footing in that regard. Thing is, seems to be more of a handicap for Randy than other coaches who seem to "get it" via the results on the field and the faster program turnarounds.

Reaction Score
I completely understand the frustration of where we are, but ....

this is one of thousands examples of how frustrating it is to read/listen to the media. I listened to the press conference. I did not hear him say kids are not mentally tough. Not once. I heard a reporter post that. I hear other reporters who are too lazy, RT it and add a snarky comment.

But are we really pillaging a coach who is frustrated with kids who don't go to class or understand accountability? Is that what this has come to? This is not intended as an apologista remark. I am admittedly bought in to the rebuild and desperately hoping to trust the process, as I see no better path forward. And yes, I would like to see better results on the field.

Very well said. I guarantee very few listened before commenting. Anyone happy with the record...of course not. But he was asked a question about being a baby sitter and he said no, I’m teaching life lessons. If he said yes to the stupid question, then I would be annoyed. He said they have to plan for their future, that most college football players don’t go pro, and that even those that do have a life after that. Not exactly cringeworthy stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom