EDD with 22 as Del pounds Providence | The Boneyard

EDD with 22 as Del pounds Providence

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ehhh I don't know if I would call an 18 point win over Providence, a pounding.

But nice to see EDD back on the court.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Will she be able to get back into the race for the most points in NCAA history?

BTW, if BG averages 24 points a game before the UCONN game she would be on schedule to pass Maya's point total DURING the UCONN game. That would add some intrigue.

She would actually pass Miller, Holdsclaw and Maya in that game if she were to average 24.33 a game before that game and then score 25 in that game.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

BTW, if BG averages 24 points a game before the UCONN game she would be on schedule to pass Maya's point total DURING the UCONN game. That would add some intrigue.

She would actually pass Miller, Holdsclaw and Maya in that game if she were to average 24.33 a game before that game and then score 25 in that game.
Relevant why? It isn't an NCAA nor are those named connected to any Baylor record?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score

I call that a jab and poke post.

Reaction Score

Points scored < 150-4 record, 4-time 1st team All American and 2 undefeated seasons... ;)

Reaction Score

She already leads in sucker punches.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Relevant why? It isn't an NCAA nor are those named connected to any Baylor record?

Maya is relevant, the others are interesting.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I call that a jab and poke post.

Tough board. I don't think it was said in a snide way, unlike one of the responses. If it comes to pass, the meia will mention it, I see nothing wrong with a heads up that it might be a discussion point.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maya is relevant, the others are interesting.
I disagree, Phil, in this case Maya is completely irrelevant except for ETT's persistent desire to tweak. Maya doesn't hold the national scoring record and she is more than 300 points behind Stiles and is only 4th on the all time list. None of the others named have any connection to Baylor and are equally irrelevant. Only Stiles is relevant and whoever previously held the Baylor record.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

What was BG's PPG average last season?

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I disagree, Phil, in this case Maya is completely irrelevant except for ETT's persistent desire to tweak. Maya doesn't hold the national scoring record and she is more than 300 points behind Stiles and is only 4th on the all time list. None of the others named have any connection to Baylor and are equally irrelevant. Only Stiles is relevant and whoever previously held the Baylor record.

Passing/not passing Maya is relevant for some. I'd kind of like to see Maya's name remain as high on the list as possible. Call me shallow. I hope BG averages whatever she needs to stay under Maya's total, while still staying healthy. All of which pales in comparison, of course, to the NC chase.

So while this isn't something I will be losing sleep over, neither is ETT's post....:rolleyes:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I disagree, Phil, in this case Maya is completely irrelevant except for ETT's persistent desire to tweak. Maya doesn't hold the national scoring record and she is more than 300 points behind Stiles and is only 4th on the all time list.

You can't possibly be serious.

I don't need to read you the Maya Moore accolades. When the media is prepping story lines for the big game, which very possibly could be #1 versus #2, can you honestly argue they might notice that BG might pass Moore for all time scoring, and decide, "nyahh, let's not mention that."

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Tough board. I don't think it was said in a snide way, unlike one of the responses. If it comes to pass, the meia will mention it, I see nothing wrong with a heads up that it might be a discussion point.

Good thought Phil. Perhaps I was wrong.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You can't possibly be serious.

I don't need to read you the Maya Moore accolades. When the media is prepping story lines for the big game, which very possibly could be #1 versus #2, can you honestly argue they might notice that BG might pass Moore for all time scoring, and decide, "nyahh, let's not mention that."

I am absolutely serious. UConn board I expect Maya accolades. Same as I expect Griner accolades on a Baylor board. I would never have considered going to the Baylor board to mark the thresholds of Maya's career. They would have been irrelevant in the same manner. Nor did I ever use The Summitt to validate Diana's or Maya's career.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Thanks, Phil. It was not meant as a jab or a poke in the least. I know that there will be many sub-plots leading up to the game and this is just one that popped into my head.

And I strongly disagree that Maya's numbers are completely irrelevant. I think that Maya's scoring total is much more of an accomplishment than Stiles' because Maya played the best of the best every season and wasn't wasting away in a mid-major. Maya was also a one-of-a-kind player, just at a different position.

I come in peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog