EDD vs. Tina at Garden May 17 | The Boneyard

EDD vs. Tina at Garden May 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I hope that in our haste to post that we don't mistype and get EDD and DD mixed up. Or KLS and KLM. Meanwhile we will assume that MM is Maya Moore not the ND coach.

BS? Breanna Stewart, of course.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the TATS displayed in the game made me turn away... horrible

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
just too much... but yeah I know, freedom of expression blah blah blah. I was shocked at Cappie's, I recall the lil WNBA logo but now, too much too bold. not sure of the other player... Breland I think, sleeve is sexy neither but I think its been there for a while. Simons's are nice and colorful... again, just surprised to see them so bold on Cappie. hope I answered your question

Reaction Score
just too much... but yeah I know, freedom of expression blah blah blah. I was shocked at Cappie's, I recall the lil WNBA logo but now, too much too bold. not sure of the other player... Breland I think, sleeve is s e xy neither but I think its been there for a while. Simons's are nice and colorful... again, just surprised to see them so bold on Cappie. hope I answered your question

Yes, you did. Freedom of expression card aside, I saw the same thing and can't say I thought twice about any of them, but that doesn't mean you are wrong for saying too much. To each their own!

As for the game itself, I was pretty unimpressed with both teams. Delle Donne had a nice first half offensively but Chicago went away from consistently getting her the ball in the second half. Kind of the same story with New York and Charles. There's no reason she shouldn't be getting the ball in the post just about every offensive possession. I don't mind the set play with her screening for the point guard, but Cruz rarely got her the ball coming off those picks. Pondexter and Carson did little to impress. I do like Vandersloot; smart player who takes what the defense gives her.

Unrelated, I also watched first half of Bird v. DT last night. Phoenix was very impressive and looks to be much improved from a year ago.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
I'm always amused when people are upset at tattoos, hair styles, clothing choices and such... their upset-edness always seems to come out with a tinge of judgement OF the person sporting the offending item.

As for the game - I was actually impressed with Chicago - down two starters, it was the EDD show in the first, then Sloot and Quigley and everyone else stepped it up. Carson had a great all around game - especially coming back from an ACL AND having to guard EDD. Much of the time EDD score was when Carson was NOT on her.

Cappie played her typical "It's all about me, and I want to be the hero here" game. Two back to back sequences where Chicago turned the ball over and Cappie missed poorly chosen shots were backbreakers. Cruz can dish, but she seems to have no offense.

Tina and the bigs have no idea on what defense in the paint looks like. On the offensive end, the paint scoring is ONLY Tina. Her other bigs are old, older and ridiculously inconsistent and dubiously in shape.

Going to be a long season.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Tina Charles kind of disappeared in the second half. Maybe she got tired? It'll take about a month for most WNBA teams to really jell. It's the nature of the beast since most players play in the offseason.

Chicago really impressed me since I didn't know how they'd look without Swin Cash and Fowles. The long grind of playing all year seems to have weighed in on Prince cause she says she's "burned out" and needs time off. I wish they'd give Jennifer Schlott her spot cause i think she's a better player anyway.

Chicago pounded the ball inside and the Sky bigs did a good job.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Delle Donne had a nice first half offensively but Chicago went away from consistently getting her the ball in the second half. Kind of the same story with New York and Charles. There's no reason she shouldn't be getting the ball in the post just about every offensive possession. I don't mind the set play with her screening for the point guard, but Cruz rarely got her the ball coming off those picks. Pondexter and Carson did little to impress. I do like Vandersloot; smart player who takes what the defense gives her.

Unrelated, I also watched first half of Bird v. DT last night. Phoenix was very impressive and looks to be much improved from a year ago.

I think Chicago wanted to get the ball to Delle Donne more but the Liberty were blanketing her trying to deny passes. There's a reason Breland was open for 17-footers on every possession. Vandersloot has done great work in these first two games. She is having to dribble a ton looking for openings because besides EDD none of her teammates can create a shot. I think she'll be very grateful when Prince comes back. Hopefully that happens soon so that Sloot doesn't "burn out" in Prince's absence.

I didn't watch closely how Chicago defended Charles but it did seem like she needed more touches. Some of her second half shots were elbow jumpers but...not a high percentage shot but as good as anything else they were getting. That may have been a situation where you force-feed her even if she isn't in position just so that she is involved in the offense.

Haven't seen Phoenix yet but it sounds like they are showing the form that folks expected last year when they drafted Griner and many anointed them title contenders immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom