EDD versus Stef/Bria tonight in Delaware | The Boneyard

EDD versus Stef/Bria tonight in Delaware

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice marketing! I'm sure the First State fans will come out in big numbers.

Reaction Score
As of right now, just over 200 tickets remain. Probably will be a sellout by game time. Brilliant marketing call indeed to get 5,000 fans paying to come to a preseason game. I will be there as part of a group of 6.

Reaction Score
It's a "No-Brainer". I'll be there myself and will take pics.

If the Atlanta Dream have any brains they'll schedule preseason games at Louisville/Seattle/Tulsa next year.

Reaction Score
PK, hope you can post on how our dogs deal with the blue hen. I doubt that I can get there.

Reaction Score
Will this be televised? Does the WNBA have a TV package? I looked on the web site and it has something called Live Access but it looks like it is only for computer.

Reaction Score
Johnnyc You can use an HDMI wire from computer to tv and watch it.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Will this be televised? Does the WNBA have a TV package? I looked on the web site and it has something called Live Access but it looks like it is only for computer.

Is it on Live Access? I looked and I didn't see it. My choices were something like Collegiate Arm Wrestling and the Oscar Pistorius trial.

Really?

Reaction Score
Is it on Live Access? I looked and I didn't see it. My choices were something like Collegiate Arm Wrestling and the Oscar Pistorius trial.

Really?

WNBA Live Access. Don't know if it was on. Just realized there is a free trial until May 22nd.

Reaction Score
Johnnyc You can use an HDMI wire from computer to tv and watch it.

Okay so.....the only games that will be on TV are the ones broadcast by ESPN? There is no other TV package?

Okay just found out a little more.....

Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to get WNBA LiveAccess this season?
WNBA LiveAccess is the perfect complement to the full slate of regular season and post season games offered on TV by ESPN2, ABC and NBA TV.

ESPN2 check
ABC check
NBA TV ???...is that something you have to pay for?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Okay so.....the only games that will be on TV are the ones broadcast by ESPN? There is no other TV package?

WNBA LiveAccess
is the perfect complement to the full slate of regular season and post season games offered on TV by ESPN2, ABC and NBA TV.

ESPN2 check
ABC check
It is typically part of he 'sports package' along with NFL TV, MLB, etc.

Reaction Score
based on the box score, EDD did not disappoint the home crowd. High scorer at 17 ; Sky wins

Sloppy game overall. I'd like to see a breakdown of the score when EDD was in the game (sky generally dominated) versus when she wasn't (mystics had big runs). Neither team shot well at all, which was evident in warmups and continued throughout. Officiating was sketchy.

I think Elena had 7 or 9 of her 17 from the line- I haven't seen the box. The 3 blocked shots is generous but the 10 rebounds were legit. Vandersloot was the spark plug for the sky to really carry the day.

Again, I haven't seen the box but I was at the game and thought Dolson played well overall. It was a physical game, surprisingly for a preseason game. Many more fouls could have been called- EDD was being held at times by Ruffin- Pratt and no whistles.

Hartley... Eh.... Maybe I missed some things but I didn't think she had a great game and she did not have great judgment at all on hard foul she committed with under 20 seconds to go when Vandersloot had a breakaway and the game was wrapped up. That's not something you do in a preseason game and Vandersloot and the sky were very unhappy with what was clearly a rookie mistake. Again, maybe I just missed some positives but that's what jumped out at me.

The sky were clearly the better team especially considering Prince and fowles weren't there. They kept blowing leads but when they had their starters out there the mystics were generally outclassed.

Crowd was big but quiet under the last 3-4 minutes. Guess that's not a total shock when everyone was there to see one player but they did get loud for Chicago towards the end.

Edit: just found the box here. http://www.wnba.com/games/20140513/WASCHI/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

The +/- totals confirm my observations about the score with/without starters....

Reaction Score
It was a good game to watch. Noone got hurt and the stars got to play. Just a preseason game for the coaches to make decisions on the last cuts. You can't really judge a lot about what the team will be like once the season starts. I couldn't see Hartley's last foul from where I was sitting. She was doing a lot of drives up the middle and made a couple. I sat in a corner floor seat near the cheerleaders. :)

The Sky should really think about having one or two regular season games there if the ticket sales aren't great in Chicago. I don't know if that's possible though. They'd obviously sell out every game. The venue is just right for the WNBA. Not too big.

PS: I forgot my camera so I couldn't take any pics. I will this Friday at the Mystic-Lynx game. I have a seat right behind the Lynx bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

WNBA LiveAccess
is the perfect complement to the full slate of regular season and post season games offered on TV by ESPN2, ABC and NBA TV.

ESPN2 check
ABC check
If you live in NY,NJ I know some Liberty games are on MSG

Reaction Score
It was a good game to watch. Noone got hurt and the stars got to play. Just a preseason game for the coaches to make decisions on the last cuts. You can't really judge a lot about what the team will be like once the season starts. I couldn't see Hartley's last foul from where I was sitting. She was doing a lot of drives up the middle and made a couple. I sat in a corner floor seat near the cheerleaders. :)

The Sky should really think about having one or two regular season games there if the ticket sales aren't great in Chicago. I don't know if that's possible though. They'd obviously sell out every game. The venue is just right for the WNBA. Not too big.

PS: I forgot my camera so I couldn't take any pics. I will this Friday at the Mystic-Lynx game. I have a seat right behind the Lynx bench.
How did Bria and Stef look against the Sky?

Reaction Score
How did Bria and Stef look against the Sky?
I thought they looked good. Bria looks like she'll be coming in off the bench for Lawson or Latta. I think she came in for Lawson last night.
Stef came off the bench for Meeseman last night. I think they could do very well playing at the same time. Stef was making a lot of nice passes and screens. If Meeseman can learn how to utilize those screens/passes she'll up her game exponentially. She tends to try to go one and one too much.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score

Let me see if I got this straight – you forgot your camera on the night when you had seat on the floor by the cheerleaders, but you're going to be sure to bring it when you're sitting with perfect views of the backsides of assistant coach Jim Peterson and trainers Chuck Barta and Keith Uzpen? Where are your priorities, man?!?!:cool:

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I don't think the WNBA is airing any of the pre-season games from their TV package. I checked after I paid for mind and the first coverage I could find was for the first regulary seaon games of the year.

Sad to say, but I will be sitting at home Friday and Saturday night watching basketball. But, it's a choice!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I see that Destiny Williams is still on the Chicago roster. I am hoping that she makes the final cut so that I can have a reason to join Coler in yelling for the Sky.

Reaction Score
I don't think the WNBA is airing any of the pre-season games from their TV package. I checked after I paid for mind and the first coverage I could find was for the first regulary seaon games of the year.

Sad to say, but I will be sitting at home Friday and Saturday night watching basketball. But, it's a choice!
The games are archived, so you could go out and watch games when you cone home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom