EDD Takes on DT on Rim Height | The Boneyard

EDD Takes on DT on Rim Height

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Warning: This is old-end of March, but I think it was overlooked?? Anyway, without taking a definitive position on lowering the rim EDD took umbrage at the way DT expressed herself on the subject: [ they]“might as well put us in skirts and back in the kitchen.” Elena Delle Donne says Diana Taurasi is hurting the sport with quips about skirts, kitchen

So I find this article about EDD throwing cake threw a hoop a bit, what... can't find the right word.

Reigning WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne is throwing cake through basketball hoops now

They are both great gamers. Love them both. But I - a male - found that Diana's colorful few words put the whole thing in perfect perspective for a lover of the game and the hard fought gains of women's athletics.

“Well, you know Elena is going to agree with anything I say. She’s trying to make the Olympics team for the first time,” Auriemma joked. “Diana, she doesn’t care. She knows she’s probably on the team.”

Should the rim be lowered in women's hoops? Final Four coaches weigh in.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I have no opinion on the rim height controversy, but I have great and increasing respect for Elena Della Donne and the way that she expresses herself.

Reaction Score
Warning: This is old-end of March, but I think it was overlooked?? Anyway, without taking a definitive position on lowering the rim EDD took umbrage at the way DT expressed herself on the subject: [ they]“might as well put us in skirts and back in the kitchen.” Elena Delle Donne says Diana Taurasi is hurting the sport with quips about skirts, kitchen

So I find this article about EDD throwing cake threw a hoop a bit, what... can't find the right word.

Reigning WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne is throwing cake through basketball hoops now

They are both great gamers. Love them both. But I - a male - found that Diana's colorful few words put the whole thing in perfect perspective for a lover of the game and the hard fought gains of women's athletics.

“Well, you know Elena is going to agree with anything I say. She’s trying to make the Olympics team for the first time,” Auriemma joked. “Diana, she doesn’t care. She knows she’s probably on the team.”

Should the rim be lowered in women's hoops? Final Four coaches weigh in.
DT is among the Iconic/loved Uconn history setting players. EDD is a gifted/outstanding /non-uconn player. I love them both!!
I agree with Elena Della Donne. Lower the rims, a bit, allow some dunking, probably increase the percentage of shots.
And I agree with Geno--will he consider ME for the WBB Olympic Team??? \
I saw this in March and I still enjoy the quip by Geno on EDD and DT Edd will do anything to make the team--DT was already in..Funny..
Thanks for bringing this up for us to enjoy once more...

Reaction Score
But Geno's quip is a little unsettling because of what followed with Candice Parker, huh? Many defenders of the result say that Geno doesn't have a lot of control over selections--and maybe he doesn't--but in this joke at least he sort of puts him in the center of it.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But Geno's quip is a little unsettling because of what followed with Candice Parker, huh? Many defenders of the result say that Geno doesn't have a lot of control over selections--and maybe he doesn't--but in this joke at least he sort of puts him in the center of it.

upload_2016-5-13_9-10-56.png

Candace Parker weighs in on debate over lowering the rim by slamming down a dunk

An Instagram dunk followed by:

“People WANA know how I feel about the “rim discussion” …. Here’s my ANSWER,” she wrote. “#Dunk #WhyIsntThereABallDiscussion #SinceWeMakingThingsTheSameWhyCantWeMakeMenPlayWitCramps #BarefootAndPreggoInTheKitchen #Equality #10Feet8FeetDontMatter #Controversy #SpartanWoman #BEASTMom #Mama.”

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
View attachment 13653

Candace Parker weighs in on debate over lowering the rim by slamming down a dunk

“People WANA know how I feel about the “rim discussion” …. Here’s my ANSWER,” she wrote. “#Dunk #WhyIsntThereABallDiscussion #SinceWeMakingThingsTheSameWhyCantWeMakeMenPlayWitCramps #BarefootAndPreggoInTheKitchen #Equality #10Feet8FeetDontMatter #Controversy #SpartanWoman #BEASTMom #Mama.”
OK I'm trying here! I carefully read Candace's opinion, removed the # & read it again. Still not able to decipher how she feels about lowering the rim. Can someone please apply a decoder ring to this.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
OK I'm trying here! I carefully read Candace's opinion, removed the # & read it again. Still not able to decipher how she feels about lowering the rim. Can someone please apply a decoder ring to this.

10Feet8FeetDontMatter..."I am women hear me roar" Spartan BeastMaMa! Pretty clear to me.

Reaction Score
After you adapt you don't go backwards. The women's game has evolved with the regulation height. It will continue to grow. Athletes are getting better and better. 30 years ago premier women ball players were few and far between.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
10Feet8FeetDontMatter..."I am women hear me roar" Spartan BeastMaMa! Pretty clear to me.
Wait CP went to Michigan Sate (Spartans)? Must have been for grad school then?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm sorry, but if you cannot muster the strength to shoot a smaller, lighter ball to a 10 foot rim, maybe basketball is not the game for you. Leave the rim where it is and not treat women like inferior creatures that need more and more accommodations.

Reaction Score
I have no opinion on the rim height controversy, but I have great and increasing respect for Elena Della Donne and the way that she expresses herself.

Good for you, I have more respect for DT. for honoring her commitment to Uconn and becomming such an embassador for womans basketball. I think the rim should stay the same and if Elena wants to be able to dunk she will have to practice more.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
View attachment 13653

Candace completely missed the point, of course. You know who else can dunk on a 10-foot rim? Elena Delle Donne.

I thought Elena made a good point (paraphrasing here) - women' play volleyball on lower nets, women golfers play on different tees than the men, heck, even the ball is smaller in women's basketball. What would be the harm in experimenting with the rim height? I don't think it's practical - might be fun for an exhibition, though.

Reaction Score
Was there ever a flubber experiment in the women's game?Just sayin',might help.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Candace completely missed the point, of course. You know who else can dunk on a 10-foot rim? Elena Delle Donne.

I thought Elena made a good point (paraphrasing here) - women' play volleyball on lower nets, women golfers play on different tees than the men, heck, even the ball is smaller in women's basketball. What would be the harm in experimenting with the rim height? I don't think it's practical - might be fun for an exhibition, though.
Let's also just change the size of the floor and increase the size of the rim. In WBB the only differences are the size of the ball, the lane size, the restricted area, and the 3 pt. line. Let's change nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom