EDD out with Lyme Disease symptoms again | The Boneyard

EDD out with Lyme Disease symptoms again

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Ugh! I saw she wasn't in the lineup tonight.

Get well, Elena! I hope to see you in Istanbul.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
that poor kid. I hope she is on the mend soon..

There goes Chicago....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hope she gets well soon. Is it a chronic thing? Like Asthma or something, or does she have to "catch" it from something, like the flu?

Reaction Score
Hope she gets well soon. Is it a chronic thing? Like Asthma or something, or does she have to "catch" it from something, like the flu?
You catch it from ticks. Success of treatment depends on how early you catch it. Not uncommon for symptoms to come back after you're 'cured' - usually joint inflammation, but can be dangerous like heart or nervous system issues.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Lyme disease was first reported in Old Lyme, CT, in 1977. The symptoms can be quite serious, such as memory and vision problems, nerve and joint pain, heart palpitations, muscle pain and weakness, just to name a few.

I wish EDD a speedy recovery but this may be something she has to deal with for years to come.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if Chicago is as cautious with her condition as UD was or if they press for her to return.

Previous quote from EDD: "You wake up and you're exhausted still; it feels like you didn't get a night's rest," Delle Donne said. "And then I have really bad muscle aches in my legs and arms, so my arms will be really heavy, it's hard to hold them up for a long period of time."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You catch it from ticks. Success of treatment depends on how early you catch it. Not uncommon for symptoms to come back after you're 'cured' - usually joint inflammation, but can be dangerous like heart or nervous system issues.
I live near Delaware and ticks are all over the place here. I went walking in the woods right after it started getting warmer in March and when I came out I had a couple of ticks on my pants and socks.

I was hoping EDD would play this Friday when the Sky comes to play the Mystics. Hopefully when Fowles comes back EDD will be OK.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Delle Donne said after the game that she was day-to-day. Chicago heads next to Washington to play the Mystics on Friday night."(I'm) exhausted, kind of like how you feel when you have a fever, really achy, tired," said the reigning WNBA rookie of the year, who battled Lyme Disease in college.

The good news is that she knows what she is up against. When she experienced her first return of Lyme in 2010, they didn't know what it was at first, so it was sort of a mystery disease. Good background in this article from 2012:

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Lyme disease was first reported in Old Lyme, CT, in 1977. The symptoms can be quite serious, such as memory and vision problems, nerve and joint pain, heart palpitations, muscle pain and weakness, just to name a few.

I wish EDD a speedy recovery but this may be something she has to deal with for years to come.
A good friend of mine from Branford, CT. was one of the first people to get Lyme's. They couldn't diagnose it, and he almost died. Just recently, another close friend contracted the newest tick borne disease - Powhassan virus, which is also deadly.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
A good friend of mine from Branford, CT. was one of the first people to get Lyme's. They couldn't diagnose it, and he almost died. Just recently, another close friend contracted the newest tick borne disease - Powhassan virus, which is also deadly.
Same here. Have a very good friend who contracted it many, many years ago but who still gets recurring symptoms every now and again. Apparently the virus never totally leaves the body. Also have relatives in - no joke - Old Lyme, CT who have lost two dogs to the disease.

Reaction Score
I watched the Atlanta - Chicago game online on Sunday and she did not look sharp. I think she missed her first five shots. They ended up losing 97-59. I think she played about 25 minutes. I don't even think she went to the foul line at all. I remember her last run with Lyme's disease and to me it looked like something wasn't right. I'm not surprised to hear the news. That's too bad. I also have a friend that suffers with recurring symptoms from chronic lyme disease on and off for years. I'm sure they will say she is day-to-day but I fully expect her to be out for a while as she did before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom