EDD or BStew | The Boneyard

EDD or BStew

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
who's better as a HS senior...

I haven't seen BStew play a HS games so I have no clue (sort of why Im asking)

(lets try to keep "EDD didnt play a game for UConn blah blah blah"... Im just asking about the HS player)

Give details if you can, Im gonna assume EDD was a better FT shooter!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Hard to choose but, yes, EDD was a better foul shooter at well over 90%

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Well, Elena had mono her senior year, and that affected her play. So it may not be a fair question or not easy to answer.

I think Breanna may be more of a dominant performer and a better defender. I think EDD was instructed to stay out of foul trouble, which may have impacted her defense. Elena was #1 in her class, but perhaps partly due to the mono, Nneka shared at least 1 award. Though Morgan Tuck is having a monster season, Breanna seems to be a clear consensus NPOY. Knowledgeable folks have said that she would be one of the top players in the BE THIS year if she were eligible. I've never heard that before.

Elena is the better shooter and has more range, though Bree is adding that to her game. I think Bree uses her left hand better and is a better ball handler.

I'd say thar EDD and KML were very comparable. Breanna seems to be slightly above both.

Reaction Score
Liz Sherwood was better in high school than Stef Dolson.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Both were great ball handlers as High School students. Remembers the video made of EDD's ball handling drills.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
So it is EDD, KML and BStew? Got it.

Not much for BY assigned nicknames, but I like BStew better than Bree, especially if the emphasis is put on the first 3 letters. Bree sounds like a mediocre French cheese.

If there is such a thing as a girly cheese, it's name would be Brie.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Not much for BY assigned nicknames, but I like BStew better than Bree, especially if the emphasis is put on the first 3 letters. Bree sounds like a mediocre French cheese.

If there is such a thing as a girly cheese, it's name would be Brie.
BStew looks to me like an abbreviation for the best female sheep at the PA Farm Show, Best Ewe=BStew, or else an option on the local diner menu, beef stew.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Liz Sherwood was better in high school than Stef Dolson.
Liz coulda been really good. Great hands, similar to Dolson.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it's not terribly close. Bree is better by a pretty long shot. i'm not talking about the numbers she puts up vs. EDD, but Bree has shown she's an inside/outside player. she will probably never be the 3-point or FT shooter EDD is, but she's coming in to college with more hype than possibly any HS player in history. she will probably prove to be better than Parker and there's a pretty good chance she will leave UCONN as the best ever. it's awfully hard to say tho because comparing college careers - she'd be scoring nowhere near what she does at Deleware were she to come to UCONN. but i get the question was about senior years of high school.

i'm not aware of EDD playing as a junior or senior in HS for US National teams filled with kids 1 or 2 years older than her. but Bree has and she's been the best player on every team she's played on.

Reaction Score
I would say Elena was at least slightly better in terms of just being a high school player with no regards to future potential. She was just that much more polished as a player already at that age. As multi-skilled as Breanna is offensively, those skills are no where near as refined as Elena's. Breanna does have the advantage of being longer and more athletic than Elena. That opens up a world of future possibilities for Breanna, but but I don't think that the difference in athleticism completely makes up for the level of offensive sophistication Elena played with as a high school player. Elena had a great ability to carry her team by scoring, while keeping her teammates completely involved in the offense.

It is very much like comparing Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett though. They may have similar size and uncommon ball-handling and shooting ability for that size, but they are very different players. And yet they produce similar results for their teams. And their future development will likely mirror their NBA counterpart's as well as Elena improves on defense and Breanna becomes more polished on offensive.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I would say Elena was at least slightly better in terms of just being a high school player with no regards to future potential. She was just that much more polished as a player already at that age. As multi-skilled as Breanna is offensively, those skills are no where near as refined as Elena's. Breanna does have the advantage of being longer and more athletic than Elena. That opens up a world of future possibilities for Breanna, but but I don't think that the difference in athleticism completely makes up for the level of offensive sophistication Elena played with as a high school player. Elena had a great ability to carry her team by scoring, while keeping her teammates completely involved in the offense.

It is very much like comparing Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Garnett though. They may have similar size and uncommon ball-handling and shooting ability for that size, but they are very different players. And yet they produce similar results for their teams. And their future development will likely mirror their NBA counterpart's as well as Elena improves on defense and Breanna becomes more polished on offensive.
Good observations, as always, Scotter. I think the comparison of Dirk and Kevin G. are appropriate for for EDD and Brianna. I think many folks forgot just how completely dominant Elena was in high school. When she was healthy there was no one who could contend with her on the court. She seemed to prefer being out side for the most part but her shot was absolutely fluid and unstoppable at 6'5" by any guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom