EDD blog entry for espnw | The Boneyard

EDD blog entry for espnw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That’s the hard part – the “what if”. But the difficult thing is that if she didn’t want to be at UConn, or more correctly, “needed” to be back in Delaware but had stayed up here, would we have seen the same level of excellence in her game? Because even with all her great skills if her heart wasn’t in it I doubt that she would have played with as much enthusiasm and determination as she showed this year.

Her timing wasn’t so great, but in the end she made the right decision – for herself, her family, and ultimately for UConn as well.

Still, every once in a while I’ll ponder how it might have been had she stayed up here with Carolyn and Tiff and flourished in our program with the likes of Renee, Maya, Tina and all the others, and I’ll wonder “what if?”

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Honestly, if she had stayed at Uconn, "the streak" might have lasted until 1/5/13. It really would not have been good for the sport at that point. As is, Uconn won two NCs, won 90 games in a row, and went five Final Fours since August 2008.

Reaction Score
"She followed her heart, and everything worked out." --> that is usually the way it is; follow your heart and everything will work out.

As a UCONN fan, I remember being puzzled; I never criticized her because I didn't understand it, but that did not stop me from not liking it one bit. Years later I've come to understand it and admire her for the human being that she is. I also think it took tremendous courage on her part and am delighted that it was all based on following her heart.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped be dogma, which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." - Steve Jobs commencement speech at Stanford University, 2005

I take my hat off to this young lady for realizing such an important life lesson so early in life.

All the best, Elena!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog