Ed Cooley Naismith COY | The Boneyard

Ed Cooley Naismith COY

Reaction Score
Congrats Ed on your award and the great year at PC.

@ HudsonHawk - I would love nothing more than UConn-PC rivalry that captivates New England and then the nation in the way a UNC-Duke rivalry does the latter. I know it will never reach UNC-Duke level, but a good UConn and a good PC makes the Big East better.

A good UConn-St.John's rivalry would be great for the BE and could be marketed as NYC rivalry even though UConn is a CT state school.

Reaction Score
I would think the UNC (first year) coach was more deserving but oh well, more good press for the BE.

Reaction Score
I’m shocked by all the nice comments.

Did you guys go to confession this morning or something?? Who are you people? Lol

Just because so many people on this board hate PC doesn't mean they have to hate the coach too. Cooley is an OK dude.

SMH what is it with this place? It's like we need to follow some kind of flow chart sanctioned by the Boneyard to tell us who we can and can't root for and to what degree.

Reaction Score
Coach of the Year has more Conference benefits than a player named POY.

Recruiting, competition, exposure and other positive factors will keep the Conference in front for years. Big East is the place to play!

Nice award!

Reaction Score
Will he be able to build on it? He had a senior and post grad heavy team right?

Reaction Score
Kudos to Cooley. Did a great job this year. And doubled the output in terms of NCAA wins over the past 25 years for PC. Truly a dream season for the Friars.

Reaction Score
That will be the tale of the tape but I sure wouldn't bet against him. While luck broke some for him this year if you look at previous years for injuries and guys not being eligible due to the variable nature of the NCAA sustained success for him is overdue.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Kudos to Cooley. Did a great job this year. And doubled the output in terms of NCAA wins over the past 25 years for PC. Truly a dream season for the Friars.
Individually, he overtook Hurley in NCAA Tournament wins, though their winning percentage remains the same. The Tourney highlights for me how many coaches I dislike, and Cooley is not among them.

I admired the team's composure and success in close games. They never seemed to fully recover from Horchler's haircut.

Reaction Score
Well deserved, surprised, thought they would throw coach K a bone on the way out. Good for Cooley

Reaction Score
I doubt it. They’ll go back to being the program they’ve been and he’ll be who he’s been. Good, gritty, competitive, but not great. Not a bad place to be for that program though.

Reaction Score
I doubt it. They’ll go back to being the program they’ve been and he’ll be who he’s been. Good, gritty, competitive, but not great. Not a bad place to be for that program though.
So 3 steps up on Hurley...right?

I know, I know. Couldn't help myself. We only tease because we love.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom