ECU | The Boneyard

ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been saying all year that the Sun Belt is the 5th best conference out there. This isn't a surprise. Those teams down there are loading up on players the SEC can't admit, and that's saying something.

Reaction Score
My buddies who live in Lafayette (but are LSU fans) have been telling me that the UL-L coach should be considered by UConn once PP goes. I like what I'm seeing today.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
ECU only down by a touchdown and playing well now...

Reaction Score
ECU has as many second-half touchdowns today as UConn had during conference play.

Hey, that rhymes!

Reaction Score
UConn recruited ULL's QB, but he originally committed to Houston.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
ECU has as many second-half touchdowns today as UConn had during conference play.

Hey, that rhymes!

Wow. You've gone from making an unnecessarily negative thread about a fellow conference mate to making an unnecessarily negative comment about our school. You're on fire today! I can't wait to see how you cap off the "trifecta"...

Reaction Score
Wow. You've gone from making an unnecessarily negative thread about a fellow conference mate to making an unnecessarily negative comment about our school. You're on fire today! I can't wait to see how you cap off the "trifecta"...
It's called a joke, peaches.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ull, ulm, and latech are all better then tulane but in the end market potential wins. that noise

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Just to clarify, I wasn't the one who started this thread - the two of us just have very similar OPs.

UC990411 is like my angry alter ego. The Gollum to my Smeagol for all you Lord of the Ring nerds.

Alright, so then it will take at least two more comments for you to hit the "trifecta".....;)

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Usually I cheer for future BE members in bowl games but I picked ULL in my BY Bowl Pick'em....so sorry ECU.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
can we talk about ull vs tulane tho? they just put 40k in the supre dome and about to beat ecu. they are not far from lsu and a rent to storrs type trip i think from NO. they have a 30 k stadum with easy paths to 40-50k expansion. for tulane to be picked over them jut goes to show u how much weight is put in the potential market grab vs the school. ulm and latech are both upstate so they don't fit as much for this argument.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
can we talk about ull vs tulane tho? they just put 40k in the supre dome and about to beat ecu. they are not far from lsu and a rent to storrs type trip i think from NO. they have a 30 k stadum with easy paths to 40-50k expansion. for tulane to be picked over them jut goes to show u how much weight is put in the potential market grab vs the school. ulm and latech are both upstate so they don't fit as much for this argument.

We can talk about it, but the fact of the matter is that we screwed the pooch when we asked Tulane. I'm not sure I would have had that much of a problem with ULL (although I may have still shook my head because I didn't see the necessity of the move). But certainly ULL is a better acquisition than Tulane, since Tulane is bad at.....well, at pretty much everything except academics....

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm fine considering some Sun Belt schools if MWC takes a bunch of schools - Arkansas State being one. I'd rather have a few over Tulane.

Reaction Score
That was a tremendous turnout by the Rajin Cajuns. ULL to New Orleans is not akin to the distance between Storrs and The Rent. Its Storrs to the Meadowlands. It's about a 2 1/4 hr drive from Lafayette to NO.
Would we get 30,000 to a Bowl Game in Giants Stadium against E. Carolina on Christmas Saturday?

Reaction Score
That was a tremendous turnout by the Rajin Cajuns. ULL to New Orleans is not akin to the distance between Storrs and The Rent. Its Storrs to the Meadowlands. It's about a 2 1/4 hr drive from Lafayette to NO.
Would we get 30,000 to a Bowl Game in Giants Stadium against E. Carolina on Christmas Saturday?
In our defense, people in the south drive 2 hours to get to the grocery store, they're used to a drive like that. Either way, fast forward to 2015 when our "Opponent Message Board" drop down includes Memphis, Temple, ECU, Tulane, SMU, Houston, UCF, etc. makes me cringe

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Well it's not a perfect match - the weather and the difference between New Orleans and East Rutherford...

I'm a bit more curious about the turnout that Syracuse had at the Garden today for Temple. What excuses would we have for noon on a Saturday in Manhattan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom