ECU officially coming in for all sports for 2014 | The Boneyard

ECU officially coming in for all sports for 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've run out of snark. Here's hoping the Pirates can become competitive.

http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/4...big-east-in-all-sports-for-2014-15-acade.aspx

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Commissioner Mike Aresco has announced that East Carolina University, having previously accepted an invitation for football only, will play all sports in the soon-to-be-renamed Big East Conference, when it joins July 1, 2014.

The conference’s board of directors, by a unanimous vote of its presidents, extended the all-sports invitation to East Carolina.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

http://www.bigeast.org/News/tabid/4...big-east-in-all-sports-for-2014-15-acade.aspx

PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Commissioner Mike Aresco has announced that East Carolina University, having previously accepted an invitation for football only, will play all sports in the soon-to-be-renamed Big East Conference, when it joins July 1, 2014.

The conference’s board of directors, by a unanimous vote of its presidents, extended the all-sports invitation to East Carolina.

God it drives me nuts that our news leads: "Providence, RI". Whoever can't see this is a problem needs their head examined. Literally pick any other city in the country.

Reaction Score

Every Conference NEEDS a Purple Team ... Every Conference needs a Pirate Team.

Reaction Score
Memphis went 16-0 versus half of our new conference mates. And they barely escaped the 1st round, then lost to Michigan State. UCONN should never be worse than 14-2 as long as we are in this disaster. Our RPI is going to be brutal.

Reaction Score
Memphis went 16-0 versus half of our new conference mates. And they barely escaped the 1st round, then lost to Michigan State. UCONN should never be worse than 14-2 as long as we are in this disaster. Our RPI is going to be brutal.

Temple, Cin and Memphis twice should be ok. Drop MD ES, New Hampshire and Fordham and play few new BE teams instead and RPI will be ok. Need to get to 23 wins or more.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is no reason for Houston not to be a perennial top 50 program. Great history and great local recruiting.

Reaction Score
About time they invited ECU. I think these guys will be a good conference mate while we are still in this conference. They got good fans.

Reaction Score
About time they invited ECU. I think these guys will be a good conference mate while we are still in this conference. They got good fans.

I agree. Great football environment. Hoops with better conference mates will get a boost, as well. East coast. North Carolina. What's not to like? Long overdue.

Reaction Score

Agree completely. They have the same kind of energy as WVU sorta does. And much more attractive women.

Reaction Score
The ECU football game I went to had maybe not as good of a tailgaiting environment as the Rent, but it was still quite good, but it definitely had a better in the stadium gameday experience. And I don't say this because of the ECU alum I'm about to get married to made me say it....

Reaction Score
How many Boneyarder's got invited to Santini35's wedding? And ... will there be Video montages?

(I expect the entire Nuss family to break out in a Broadway showtune. You best be practicing)

Reaction Score
Well I am depriving SportsArt, Nostical and others of their grillmaster for the spring game because of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom