Easy Breezy. Marquette - UCONN | The Boneyard

Easy Breezy. Marquette - UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Same as last time, except with the home court advantage. :)

Geez, that was easy.

Ok a little. We won 85-51 last time. We shot pretty well (50%/38%), they shot terribly (34%/19%).
UCONN completely controlled the boards (45-29). Hopefully we do that again.

They are 3-3 since we last played them beating Pitt, Seton Hall and Depaul, while losing to Louisville, USF and Rutgers. Doesn't look like they've changed much.

Don't expect a tough game, especially at home. Will we surpass the +34 margin from last game???? I'll go out on a limb and say.....yes. (of course I completely bombed the St. John's game :() Wishful thinking, especially after sitting through the St. John's game.

I'll go UCONN 87-47.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
I'll go 75-55. Let's hope Stef stays away from the creamed spinach from now on...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
wasn't it a Marquette game where the play was so physical and the refs swallowed their whistles that towards the end of the game, Geno had the team dribble each possession out to a shot clock violation, or am I misremembering?

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
wasn't it a Marquette game where the play was so physical and the refs swallowed their whistles that towards the end of the game, Geno had the team dribble each possession out to a shot clock violation, or am I misremembering?

Right you are - I think it was last year at Marquette.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
my point is that all teams, and particularly the BE teams that know us so well will bring their A game and greatest effort. I won't predict the score, and I don't think that we will lose.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I thought the excessively physical game v. Marquette was 2-3 years ago.

I look for a comfortable win tonight, as Geno adjusts the lineup to account for Brianna being out.

My prediction: 75-50.

Reaction Score
85 -45 BB is out but STEWIE will get xtra minutes
she didnt play the last time we played Marq
will have a double/double
KML,SD will have big nights as will KF
we need to have a 5th player stepping up
tonight TUCK WILL possibly MO
KIAH until she is practicing and playing
all out I will let others promote her
IRA

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not real thrilled about the "Easy Breezy" Label. You're tempting those basketball gods. Haven't heard if Stef is over the illness completely and we're down a player coming off the bench.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Bria Hartley is known as Breezy. When she plays like an AA in the Final Four, she'll be called the Big Easy Breezy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not real thrilled about the "Easy Breezy" Label. You're tempting those basketball gods. Haven't heard if Stef is over the illness completely and we're down a player coming off the bench.
Easy Breezy was how it was to do the preview. Although at the half its looking that way for the game too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meyers, picking first, wins. Nice job!

I had forgotten what I wrote on Saturday after the close game. I want to revise my prediction from 75-50 to UConn by 50.1 to 50. That isn't any closer, is it? :)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Was is it that Rosanne Rosanadanna used to say on Saturday Night Live? "Nevermind" LOL

No that was Emily Litella. RR always said "If it's not one thing it's another!" And she loved talking about sweat and belly button lint :-D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No that was Emily Litella. RR always said "If it's not one thing it's another!" And she loved talking about sweat and belly button lint :-D
ohhh, good catch. I'd forgotten they were different characters. That's bad on my part. :(

Reaction Score
Right you are - I think it was last year at Marquette.
Not last year.

It was the game where two nonagenarian refs called Maya for a foul every time she passed closer than four feet from a Blue and Gold uniform, and she had to sit nearly the whole first half. I believe it was the only game her senior year Maya didn't score in double digits.

Geno made his disgust with the referees evident by not playing when the Huskies had the ball. Those two old farts should have been left tied to cinder blocks at the bottom of the Kinnickinnic River after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom