BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Here's what the Pirates have accomplished thus far:

IMG_1486.JPG

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
West Virginia was the only ranked school they played OOC. WV was undefeated until today. They lost to Kansas State 86-71. No one they've played so far this season has prepared them to play UConn.
This game won't be close. If Geno puts his foot on the gas, this one can be over by halftime. The bench players should see a lot of floor time in this one. Next up will be USF in Hartford, but that game is 7 days after this one, so the starters should be well rested and have their legs for that one. Note the points they surrendered in their losses.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
West Virginia was the only ranked school they played OOC. WV was undefeated until today. They lost to Kansas State 86-71. No one they've played so far this season has prepared them to play UConn.
This game won't be close. If Geno puts his foot on the gas, this one can be over by halftime. The bench players should see a lot of floor time in this one. Next up will be USF in Hartford, but that game is 7 days after this one, so the starters should be well rested and have their legs for that one. Note the points they surrendered in their losses.

Yes. ECU has a collection of wins. But if I look at who they beat and by how much and where, I get a less flattering impression. I don't mean to slam their record. It's just that they have not proven that much yet.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Yes. ECU has a collection of wins. But if I look at who they beat and by how much and where, I get a less flattering impression. I don't mean to slam their record. It's just that they have not proven that much yet.

They have a collection of losses as well. They can only be so good, let's be honest. Even if they'd played everyone else in the top 10, that wouldn't improve their chances of beating UConn.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I like Heather Macy. Give her a few more years and they will be a challenger for 2nd in the conference.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Before I get excited about Team's won loss record, I always look at who they played first. Any team (coach) can go undefeated in the OOC portion of their schedule if they they only play cupcakes, and low mid-majors. Programs ranked below the top 175.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This will be an easy, "free wings" game.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I like Heather Macy. Give her a few more years and they will be a challenger for 2nd in the conference.
I do too. She's very pretty. :)

I don't like this record so far. You don't have the kinds of losses ECU has sustained and then beat the #1 team in the country on the road.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have this lingering memory of gratuitous, cheap stuff. Am I confusing them with another team??

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Who is ready for Heather Macy's annual technical foul?

Carnac

Reaction Score
They have a collection of losses as well. They can only be so good, let's be honest. Even if they'd played everyone else in the top 10, that wouldn't improve their chances of beating UConn.

ALL of the members of the AAC are trying to improve and get better. Some teams are ahead of others. I attended the UNLV -Houston (8-6) game in Las Vegas back in mid-November. They lost by 11, but the game was closer than that until the last few minutes. They looked a lot better than they did last year. Tulsa (4-10) is still on the come, and obviously hasn't figured it out yet. Even Cincinnati (9-5) is doing better so far this year at 4 games above .500. However, none of these teams are ready to challenge UConn just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom