East Carolina OOC Schedule | The Boneyard

East Carolina OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am so happy to be getting out of this league in 11 months. Look at their OOC schedule with last year's NET:

VMI 306
Navy 281
App State 215
Liberty 53
Evansville 210
George Washington or UMKC 285 or 232
Liberty, Milwaukee, Morgan State or Rice 53, 299, 332, 217
JMU 254
Coppin State 342
Campbell 213
UMES 352
Charlotte 266
Eastern Kentucky 256

While we are at it look at Tulane:

SE Louisiana 249
Jackson State 328
Northwestern State 334
Myrtle Beach (Miss. St.) 21
Myrtle Beach (Nova or MTSU) 28 or 248
Myrtle Beach (Utah, CCU, Ohio, Baylor) 97, 153, 177, 34
Southern 340
at Southern Miss 102
Jerry Coangelo Classic (Saint Louis) 107
Alcorn State 347
Clash at the Capitol (Akron) 119
Clash at the Capitol (Liberty or Towson) 53 or 261

American fans can talk all about Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston with an improved Temple. But until the bottom of the league makes it self even borderline respectable when it comes to scheduling OOC the league and the perception of the league will continue to struggle.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I am so happy to be getting out of this league in 11 months. Look at their OOC schedule with last year's NET:

VMI 306
Navy 281
App State 215
Liberty 53
Evansville 210
George Washington or UMKC 285 or 232
Liberty, Milwaukee, Morgan State or Rice 53, 299, 332, 217
JMU 254
Coppin State 342
Campbell 213
UMES 352
Charlotte 266
Eastern Kentucky 256

While we are at it look at Tulane:

SE Louisiana 249
Jackson State 328
Northwestern State 334
Myrtle Beach (Miss. St.) 21
Myrtle Beach (Nova or MTSU) 28 or 248
Myrtle Beach (Utah, CCU, Ohio, Baylor) 97, 153, 177, 34
Southern 340
at Southern Miss 102
Jerry Coangelo Classic (Saint Louis) 107
Alcorn State 347
Clash at the Capitol (Akron) 119
Clash at the Capitol (Liberty or Towson) 53 or 261

American fans can talk all about Memphis, Cincinnati, Houston with an improved Temple. But until the bottom of the league makes it self even borderline respectable when it comes to scheduling OOC the league and the perception of the league will continue to struggle.

Spot. . On.
It's something that our useless media contingent hasn't bothered asking Aresco. It's always the same offenders, too (ECU, Tulane, USF).
...the commissioner needs to fix this. He doesn't. And the NET/RPI is horribly impacted by it.

Reaction Score
Gross. At least Tulane is participating in a tourney with a quality field. Agreeing to a tourney with Evansville, GW, UMKC, Liberty, Milwaukee, Morgan State, and Rice is pathetic. Aresco too busy counting to a billion to create any kind of scheduling guidelines/requirements.

Reaction Score
Try explaining this on the football board.

I agree with the OP BTW

Last edited:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’m loving the Clash at the Capitol Tulane vs. Akron. What a clash!
I loved the Clash at the Palladium!

Sam & Dave and then The Undertones opened, and I think a picture from the show is on the cover of "London Calling."

I tend to associate the Dead with the Capitol, but that's just me.

Reaction Score
This is what G5 schools are going to be dealing with from here on out, unfortunately. It already hit us, even. Look at our home OOC schedule - it's awful. Got some good ones overall - but sans Florida - every decent to good OOC game we have is at a neutral site or on the road.

Reaction Score
This is what G5 schools are going to be dealing with from here on out, unfortunately. It already hit us, even. Look at our home OOC schedule - it's awful. Got some good ones overall - but sans Florida - every decent to good OOC game we have is at a neutral site or on the road.

Thank God we’re going to a power conference

Reaction Score
Especially with the Big Ten, Big East, ACC and I believe the Pac 12 going to 20 conference games.

Reaction Score
Especially with the Big Ten, Big East, ACC and I believe the Pac 12 going to 20 conference games.

Yeah that's sorta my point. I mean great, let's all laugh at East Carolina - but our schedule wouldn't be all the much better if we had another year in the AAC.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yeah that's sorta my point. I mean great, let's all laugh at East Carolina - but our schedule wouldn't be all the much better if we had another year in the AAC.

No way.

there is a BIG difference between scheduling in the 100s-200s, with a 300 mixed in, and ECU. A conference touting power6 nonsense should fix this, as it impacts the whole conference.

Reaction Score
C'mon. Our OOC home schedule's a joke. Sure, we might be able to grab a few OOC programs that want to play us, but it'll be on the road and eventually, they'd stop caring. Our burn might be slower, but we were still on fire.

And the conference can't do anything to fix it. The best they could do was that SEC challenge where it's all SEC dregs... Can't play someone if they don't want to play.

Reaction Score
That is your big criticism, the bad teams play bad schedules. Wow, genius.

The only difference between ECU and the usual G'town schedule is that G'town has some big TV games scheduled for them because they are a former name. When G'town makes its own schedule expect Mount St. Mary's and Leo.

The good news is that UConnwill be a winner in the New BE because the NBE sucks.

Reaction Score

The only difference between ECU and the usual G'town schedule is that G'town has some big TV games scheduled for them because they are a former name. When G'town makes its own schedule expect Mount St. Mary's and Leo.

The good news is that UConnwill be a winner in the New BE because the NBE sucks.

Your “criticisms” are so wrong that it hurts my brain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

So what do you want ECU to do? Schedule UNC DUKE NC State, Auburn, TCU? This is the problem with all these silly rating systems. Teams ought to focus on scheduling for success. It would be absolutely stupid for ECU to schedule the same way we do. PAL is absolutely right, too. Get used to lots of 25 win seasons and first weekend ousters. When we were last in the Big East teams like Providence St Johns and Seton Hall were doormats. Now they make the tourney. It ain’t because they suddenly got so much better. The competition is just much weaker. But you know, MSG BABY. Much like Clemson results in folks badly over valuing ACC football Villanova causes them to do the same with Big East basketball. One excellent team and a bunch of midgets in both cases. But then again MSG BABY, MSG...

Reaction Score
The only difference between ECU and the usual G'town schedule is that G'town has some big TV games scheduled

i think you might be starting to get it! a couple nationally televised ooc games makes all the difference in the world. gtown is also gonna make the tourney this year whereas ecu dreams of the NIT.

thankfully the Big East never schedules duds.

seton hall has an awesome OOC schedule this year:
michigan st
st. louis
oregon
(potentially gonzaga)
iowa st
rutgers
maryland

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics