Early spitballing tailgate menu for Wake Forest game... | The Boneyard

Early spitballing tailgate menu for Wake Forest game...

Reaction Score
Meeting with part of the tailgate crew tonight. Will discuss early stages for menu against the Demon Deacons.
-deviled eggs are obvious
-"Hot" wings
-lots of poblanos still in the garden to pick, so "spicy" stuffed peppers
-maybe a devils food coffee cake for dessert?

Feel free to add any other ideas to the thread

As always, EAT TO WIN!

Reaction Score
Our egg sandwiches to order with sausage, bacon, cheese, peppers, and onions as topping options were a big hit before, so I'm going to do them again. Used snowflake rolls last time, which worked great. Hot sauce or ketchup as a condiment. Might add Carolina BBQ sauce as another condiment choice, because, you know, Wake is in Winston-Salem NC.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Our egg sandwiches to order with sausage, bacon, cheese, peppers, and onions as topping options were a big hit before, so I'm going to do them again. Used snowflake rolls last time, which worked great. Hot sauce or ketchup as a condiment. Might add Carolina BBQ sauce as another condiment choice, because, you know, Wake is in Winston-Salem NC.

the BBQ sauce would be a good idea. Do some pulled pork and have a choice of eastern Carolina vinegar-based sauce and some western Carolina tomato-based sauce.

A primer for those who aren't familiar with Carolina BBQ sauce regionalism.

Reaction Score
Meeting with part of the tailgate crew tonight. Will discuss early stages for menu against the Demon Deacons.
-deviled eggs are obvious
-maybe a devils food coffee cake for dessert?
We always try to associate our tailgate theme with the city and/or team mascot. Isn't a Demon Deacon basically an evil priest? I did deviled ham and deviled eggs for Duke but I am wondering if the "devil" association works for Wake...

ETA: Obviously, I am not criticizing or suggesting what you should make at your tailgate, I am truly just asking for myself...

Reaction Score
We always try to associate our tailgate theme with the city and/or team mascot. Isn't a Demon Deacon basically an evil priest? I did deviled ham and deviled eggs for Duke but I am wondering if the "devil" association works for Wake...

ETA: Obviously, I am not criticizing or suggesting what you should make at your tailgate, I am truly just asking for myself...
the editor of the paper, Mayon Parker (1924 Wake Forest graduate), first referred to the team as "Demon Deacons", in recognition of what he called their "devilish" play and fighting spirit.

Reaction Score
the editor of the paper, Mayon Parker (1924 Wake Forest graduate), first referred to the team as "Demon Deacons", in recognition of what he called their "devilish" play and fighting spirit.
Yup, specifically after a spirited victory over archrival Trinity, now known as Duke.

Reaction Score
You should all smoke cigarettes too.

Reaction Score
reaching a bit, but:
Bubba Gump Shrimp Fra Diavolo
Five Churches Brewing Zwickel Me Elmo - Kellerbier
St. Kilian Judas Priest Single Malt Whisky
Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Ya know- "Deacon" is so close to rhyming with "bacon" that for me the inclusion of the smoky, crispy delight is a no-brainer.

Though truth be told even if we were playing the CC of The USVI Swordfish there would still be bacon involved.

I like bacon.

Reaction Score
Won't be much of a tailgate for me this week. Hartford Marathon is that morning and will be doing the 5K with my running group. So hopefully get up there for a parking lot beer or two before kickoff and head in from there. Otherwise, I'd say deviled eggs and some spicy (demon) wings and maybe a pulled pork on the smoker Friday and re-heated for the tailgate.

Reaction Score
Won't be much of a tailgate for me this week. Hartford Marathon is that morning and will be doing the 5K with my running group. So hopefully get up there for a parking lot beer or two before kickoff and head in from there. Otherwise, I'd say deviled eggs and some spicy (demon) wings and maybe a pulled pork on the smoker Friday and re-heated for the tailgate.
Good luck with the marathon! Hope you make record time so you can tailgate before the game.

Reaction Score
To drink, after the mimosas and Bloody Marys with breakfast, I’m bringing a selection of CTs finest craft beer to introduce it to some of the Wake people I know. Some good stuff comes out of NC but I like CT stuff better.

Reaction Score
North Carolina's official state beverage is milk, which was adopted in 1987:

Reaction Score
To drink, after the mimosas and Bloody Marys with breakfast, I’m bringing a selection of CTs finest craft beer to introduce it to some of the Wake people I know. Some good stuff comes out of NC but I like CT stuff better.
And this. It essentially branded for Wake Forest already.

Attachments

• JW black.jpg
    JW black.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 16

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hey, non-food question for y'all that I hate even having to ask..

I have a situation. Reason wife & I are coming to CT is a surprise b-day party for my SIL. It's happening in Brewster @6pm Saturday. I see that w/o traffic it's about 90 minutes between Brewster and The Rent. If it's a 3 hour game, might not be a big issue. But anything longer than that, we'll need to bail early as we've got to get back to our hotel, shower & change, and show up on time as everyone is supposed to be there @6 for the surprise.

I've got a pass for the Blue Lot, first time I'll be parking there. Question is how long does it take to get back on 84 if we manage to stay for whole game, and how long does it take if we leave end of 3rd Q or maybe a few minutes into 3rd Q.

Sucks as I'd really love to hang after the game but that's not gonna work this trip. But we will be around early to check out some tailgates. I'll have some solid Pgh micros with to share.

Reaction Score

I have a situation. Reason wife & I are coming to CT is a surprise b-day party for my SIL. It's happening in Brewster @6pm Saturday. I see that w/o traffic it's about 90 minutes between Brewster and The Rent. If it's a 3 hour game, might not be a big issue. But anything longer than that, we'll need to bail early as we've got to get back to our hotel, shower & change, and show up on time as everyone is supposed to be there @6 for the surprise.

I've got a pass for the Blue Lot, first time I'll be parking there. Question is how long does it take to get back on 84 if we manage to stay for whole game, and how long does it take if we leave end of 3rd Q or maybe a few minutes into 3rd Q.

Sucks as I'd really love to hang after the game but that's not gonna work this trip. But we will be around early to check out some tailgates. I'll have some solid Pgh micros with to share.
If you leave before the end of the game, you'll be back on 84 in 5 minutes. It took me about 25 minutes to get out of the lot at the end of the Temple game and then was on 84 in a minute or two after that. When you leave Rentschler, you just drive straight out of the driveway across Silver Ln to get to 84. I live in the Danbury area.. without some traffic incident i.e. construction or accident, it's a 45-60 minute drive there and back. Brewster would be another 20 minutes.

Reaction Score

The crowd, I assume, is going to be the biggest of the year. Might be a little longer if leaving at the end and its close.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom