Early Optimism | The Boneyard

Early Optimism

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
This isn’t a good showing and we still win going away. Good omen.

Reaction Score
Meh. I think we look fine for a first game. Defense is good when locked in, but they're getting sloppy with the lead. Starters aren't going to go 0/9 from deep most games. Make a few of those like normal and we might've hit the century mark tonight.
Also playing without 2 potential NBA players tonight essentially.

Its early but this could be a good free throw shooting team. That wins close games, which has been our biggest issue under Hurley.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
Meh. I think we look fine for a first game. Defense is good when locked in, but they're getting sloppy with the lead. Starters aren't going to go 0/9 from deep most games. Make a few of those like normal and we might've hit the century mark tonight.
This is a brand new team. Hard to say “like normal.” I haven’t seen much to be excited about to be honest. I hope to be proven wrong, and losing Hawk and not having AJax hurts, but this is far from a good product.

Reaction Score
First game jitters from three, I’m not concerned about that. This should be a 40+ point game but I’ll settle for 25+ and be happy. Those shots will go down eventually.

More looking at the fouls and turnovers, but again we’re up by 25 so I’m happy

Diarra looks GREAT!

Reaction Score
This is a brand new team. Hard to say “like normal.” I haven’t seen much to be excited about to be honest. I hope to be proven wrong, and losing Hawk and not having AJax hurts, but this is far from a good product.

It isn't a brand new team. These dudes have all played D1 basketball. They aren't going to regress to 0% shooters after shooting 32% for 3 years elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Creighton is tied with St. Thomas and FSU lost to Stetson. Not sure what you were expecting with our second and third best players not playing.

Reaction Score
The guys missing those shots are proven college players even if they didn't play at UConn last year, so yes we do have a "like normal" shooting game to reference for them

Reaction Score
I thought Diarra was by far the most impressive transfer. I also think we're overall significantly deeper at guard this year which is really good. We're also going to be very inconsistent at guard.

I think AK and DC are the perfect compliment bigs and them as juniors with the class we have coming in next year is a legitimate national championship caliber roster.

Sanogo looks like he should be one of the best players in the country.

I really don't know what to make of Samson Johnson but AK is probably in the game in crunch time a lot.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Some good some bad with this team.

The good is that we are a really great passing team again which is refreshing after last year. Moved the ball so well.

Need to shoot better and clean a lot of things up. Feel like we didn’t learn much from this game. Tbh

Reaction Score
I'm loving Diarra right now
Absolutely love his energy coming off the bench. Hes going to drive us crazy at times but overall hes going to give us far more reasons to cheer. Really liked Newton at the point.

Reaction Score
Clingan is way further along than most people thought. He's moving really well. Super active with his feet on defense.
Clingan is farrrr more mobile than i thought he would be. He looked great in his first game in college. Was not expecting that even against a team like Stonehill. Karaban looked great out there.

Reaction Score
so glad Clingan stayed with the home team. Classy kid. Monster in the making.
was there ever really any doubt he would? Not sure about you but i had zero doubt he was coming here after i read a story about him his family and his late mother. He will be a big part of something special here before he leaves.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Pleased to see Diarra and Karaban can finish with either hand as well as Sanogo. I see a lot of dedication to discipline. We sure have a lot of depth and tonight with Jackson and Hawkins out we still seemed to have a lot of depth. I think these kids will respond well over the course of a season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom