Early ESPN 2013-14 top 25, Uconn #14 | The Boneyard

Early ESPN 2013-14 top 25, Uconn #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
14. Connecticut Huskies: Kevin Ollie did an excellent job under difficult circumstances last season, when the Huskies -- who were banned from postseason play -- had nothing to play for but still managed to go 20-10. It seems safe to assume Ollie's second season will be even better, especially with the return of guards Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright, who will combine to form one of the top backcourts in the country. The twosome averaged 32.5 points and nine assists this season. Double-digit scorers DeAndre Daniels (12.1 points) and Omar Calhoun (11.1 points) also return. Connecticut ranked second to last in the Big East this season in rebounding, so Ollie's team must get tougher in the paint.

Reaction Score
14. Connecticut Huskies: Kevin Ollie did an excellent job under difficult circumstances last season, when the Huskies -- who were banned from postseason play -- had nothing to play for but still managed to go 20-10. It seems safe to assume Ollie's second season will be even better, especially with the return of guards Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright, who will combine to form one of the top backcourts in the country. The twosome averaged 32.5 points and nine assists this season. Double-digit scorers DeAndre Daniels (12.1 points) and Omar Calhoun (11.1 points) also return. Connecticut ranked second to last in the Big East this season in rebounding, so Ollie's team must get tougher in the paint.

That sounds accurate.

When I see those four names, I can't help but get a little giddy.

Reaction Score
I think they'll be better than this. And a lot of those teams won't keep everyone.

Reaction Score
It feels so great to have an team littered with upperclassman next year. Just hope Napier works on strengthening his ankle and foot, could mean the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom