OT: - Eagle & Raftery Appreciation Post | The Boneyard

OT: Eagle & Raftery Appreciation Post

Reaction Score
I have always enjoyed Raftery. He just seems to be a having a good time and enjoys 'pretty' basketball. I enjoyed when he was teamed up with Jay Bilas, but that often meant the unbearble Sean McDonough was there too.
What I enjoyed about Raftery is that he seem to really not have a dog in the race and just enjoyed well played basketball, whoever it was.

Reaction Score
I can't remember where or when, but one time I was hanging out at the court a couple hours before a game and Bill Raftery walked by. He acknowledged us, and I said something along the lines of, "Hey Bill, give me a 'man-to-man!'" He kind of posed, pointed at us with both hands, and did his trademark call. I liked him before that, but I've loved him ever since.

Reaction Score
Maybe but made him like us - hope that hasn't changed.
I think it was respect for what Calhoun did with the program and how his players had their coach's back even after their UConn careers were over.
I think Bilas had the same appreciation for Calhoun and though he was underrated as an x's and o's coach.

Still love the game were Sean McDonough criticized Calhoun for coming onto the court to yank a player and Bilas kind of put him in his place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom