E3: Electronic Entertainment Expo | The Boneyard

E3: Electronic Entertainment Expo

Reaction Score
It's the annual expo for all things videogaming happening now. Don't know if there are many gamers on the board but I'm interested to see what you guys are excited for. For me, it's pretty PS4 focused. I wanna see what Sony has up it's sleeve for the rest of the year since a lot of their bigger games have been delayed until next year.

I'm really excited to see Hello Games' No Man's Sky, Dog's Uncharted 4, Jonathan Blow's The Witness, Tequila Works' Rime and reveals of whatever Quantic Dreams, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule and Guerilla Games are working on. Also all the out of left field stuff that surprises.

Oculus Rift continues to look way cool, hopefully its not super expensive. And hopefully Sony's own project Morpheus shows up.

Microsoft, EA and Bethesda all just had their own press conferences. My takeaways: backwards compatibility for XBone is awesome news and might now spur me on to get one, more Gears of War is always good, EA's lineup of sequels looks interesting (especially Mirror's Edge), The Division looks like its largely improved, Fallout 4!, Dishonored 2!, Doom, FPS's galore, Cuphead!

Hopefully there are some like minded gamers on here...

Reaction Score
FFVII remake is all I care about. It's finally happening.
Yea just saw that awesome news! Years ago when I first played it I maxed out the internal clock for the game at 199 hrs 59 min. probably played another 50 on top of that. Yikes.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yea just saw that awesome news! Years ago when I first played it I maxed out the internal clock for the game at 199 hrs 59 min. probably played another 50 on top of that. Yikes.

My cousin did that. He's nuts; he maxed out every character at level 99, including Aeris, on the first disc. That game was so much fun.

Reaction Score
Ghost Recon Wildlands

Metal Gear Solid V (such a weird fever dream of a trailer)

Reaction Score
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Reaction Score
No Man's Sky (hard to know if he's BS-ing but when he zooms out to show how many places there are to potentially explore it's pretty crazy)

Also, Shenmue III kickstarter. Crazy!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Ghost Recon looks good but I won't trust anything Ubi puts out until reviews come out. Same goes for The Division. Battlefront 3 is sure to be a disappointment compared to Battlefront 2 because EA also sucks. I'm sure the game will be fine but it will be largely ruined by an excessive amount of paid DLC (especially pay-to-win type DLC). Both companies release half broken games but keep raking in money on pre orders so it doesn't even matter.

Uncharted 4, Phantom Pain, Fallout 4, and Dark Souls 3 are all virtually guaranteed to be great.

Horizon seems like a cool idea, interested in seeing more as it moves along development.

I bought the original Dishonored after reading a bunch of great reviews. I found it to be pretty boring as far as game play goes and I never finished it. I think I was in the minority on that but it just didn't do it for me.

Never played the FF games myself (not super big into RPGs in general) but as far as tons of hours logged... I've probably hit close to 1,000 hours on Borderlands 2 over the last 3 years. Definitely well over 500. I was fresh out of college and still jobless when it came out so I was basically playing that game with all my waking hours for a month or so lol. Co-op games are just severely lacking these days and Borderlands 2 delivers big time.

Reaction Score
Both companies release half broken games but keep raking in money on pre orders so it doesn't even matter.

They do both certainly rush to get their games out there. I usually don't go for EA's games personally. DICE also has an incredibly poor track record with their games too, but something about the Star Wars trappings is alluring. The Far Cry games are some of my favorites so I'm willing to see what they can do.

Uncharted 4, Phantom Pain, Fallout 4, and Dark Souls 3 are all virtually guaranteed to be great.

Agreed, Uncharted especially is going to be amazing.

Horizon seems like a cool idea, interested in seeing more as it moves along development.

Robotic dinosaurs! What could possibly keep this game from being good?

I bought the original Dishonored after reading a bunch of great reviews. I found it to be pretty boring as far as game play goes and I never finished it. I think I was in the minority on that but it just didn't do it for me.

It definitely started off slow, but it hooked me after escaping that prison. I loved the atmosphere and world they created.

Never played the FF games myself (not super big into RPGs in general) but as far as tons of hours logged... I've probably hit close to 1,000 hours on Borderlands 2 over the last 3 years. Definitely well over 500. I was fresh out of college and still jobless when it came out so I was basically playing that game with all my waking hours for a month or so lol. Co-op games are just severely lacking these days and Borderlands 2 delivers big time.

You're missing out on FF, they often repeat themselves with mechanics and/or story elements and themes but they are some incredibly well crafted games. I've yet to play the Borderlands series (they are sitting in my increasingly large backlog), but from all that I've read they seem like they are essentially FPS RPG's.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I've yet to play the Borderlands series (they are sitting in my increasingly large backlog), but from all that I've read they seem like they are essentially FPS RPG's.
I also have a huge backlog of games which is killing me. Borderlands is an FPS RPG. The thing is I'm not a huge fan of FPS games like COD, Battlefield etc. and I'm not really into RPGs (outside of throwing it back to Pokemon). Borderlands is a great balance. A piece of advice though, you can skip the first game and go straight to Borderlands 2. The first one had basically no story and a lot of annoying things in it that were fixed for the sequel.

Also my PSN handle is the same as my name here if you or anyone wants to add me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom