E’s Puttin in Work

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Any background on this event?

Reaction Score
GO MOMA!!! Keep the kids in line! "Unfinished Business" =
"U.B. " goes with PB&J and all the rest!, Go Liv, GO CHRISTYN,
onward MUHL. Have a great Junior Year Aubrey!. GO CANADA!
THERE IS NO " I" in "TEAM".

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
No knee brace, no wraps, no limp. E ready to kick some prodigious posterior.
I hope that Portland Pro-Am - some cowboy - doesn't give her knee a bump.

Reaction Score
JordyG, “prodigious posterior”? I love it, and think I’ll add the phrase to my vocabulary for future use!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She’ll have to take a number. I believe Christyn has first dibs on kicking butt this season. But yes, it appears E is healthy and ready to show the W, WCBB, Geno, his staff and her teammates what her best game looks like when she’s completely healthy.

Lots of posters are projecting greatness and a memorable year for Paige and Azzi this coming season. They may want to put some respect on Evina’s name at the same time. E was still recovering from her surgery last season. This year she won’t be. This year, teams will get all 31 flavors of Evina Westbrook. ;)

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If our LY starters have great years this coming season I will be thrilled. They are the ones who put in all the work LY, they are the ones who felt the pain of not reaching their collective goal, they are the ones who need to kick some ass this season. We are talking about Azzi, Caroline, and Dorka as if we need them to largely contribute to our team for it to be successful. Truthfully, we probably will, but nothing would feel better to me if Nika, Evina, and ONO had great years, contributing so much that Geno cannot take them out of the starting line-up. They did some great things LY, and if they can step it up more consistently, this team will be unbeatable. Understanding that Azzi and Dorka will indeed play a big role this year, but the others can play important fill in minutes, to learn as well as contribute. There is a learning curve for freshmen, lets not forget that. Paige and Aliyah were exceptions, so we need for our veterans to step up and teach these freshmen the UConn formula for success and not put undue pressure on them to perform like the former freshmen I have mentioned. We already are a solid team, lets not forget what we have, and not overthink what can be.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If our LY starters have great years this coming season I will be thrilled. They are the ones who put in all the work LY, they are the ones who felt the pain of not reaching their collective goal, they are the ones who need to kick some ass this season. We are talking about Azzi, Caroline, and Dorka as if we need them to largely contribute to our team for it to be successful. Truthfully, we probably will, but nothing would feel better to me if Nika, Evina, and ONO had great years, contributing so much that Geno cannot take them out of the starting line-up. They did some great things LY, and if they can step it up more consistently, this team will be unbeatable. Understanding that Azzi and Dorka will indeed play a big role this year, but the others can play important fill in minutes, to learn as well as contribute. There is a learning curve for freshmen, lets not forget that. Paige and Aliyah were exceptions, so we need for our veterans to step up and teach these freshmen the UConn formula for success and not put undue pressure on them to perform like the former freshmen I have mentioned. We already are a solid team, lets not forget what we have, and not overthink what can be.

Finally figured it out LY=Last Year's

Reaction Score
She’ll have to take a number. I believe Christyn has first dibs on kicking butt this season. But yes, it appears E is healthy and ready to show the W, WCBB, Geno, his staff and her teammates what her best game looks like when she’s completely healthy.

Lots of posters are projecting greatness and a memorable year for Paige and Azzi this coming season. They may want to put some respect on Evina’s name at the same time. E was still recovering from her surgery last season. This year she won’t be. This year, teams will get all 31 flavors of Evina Westbrook. ;)
This is true, I’ve watched her a lot over the years and she is a lot better than what we saw last year and I do believe she will be better this year. She moves better and is more active and aggressive than what we saw last year. If she gets back to that than we are gonna really be unstoppable. I do believe CW will be our most dominant player even though Paige is the best.

Reaction Score
This is true, I’ve watched her a lot over the years and she is a lot better than what we saw last year and I do believe she will be better this year. She moves better and is more active and aggressive than what we saw last year. If she gets back to that than we are gonna really be unstoppable. I do believe CW will be our most dominant player even though Paige is the best.
CW has never been close to our most dominate player....and with all the new talent coming in I doubt she will this coming season. PG and Evina will need to push the this group, of really good players, to stay in the team ideology of playing together. No room for prima donnas.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
A thought just occurred....we're all talking about, and gushing over the infinite possibilities of what the combination of Azzi and Paige can possibly produce. Nobody is mentioning Evina. She may very well be the WILDCARD in this year's season of play that no one is contemplating on. She was hurt when she got here, and up until now, has been playing while recovering from her two knee surgeries.

Think about this for a moment.................what IF Evina is completely healthy and is ready to play at full strength and potential ?!? She'll be 23 in September (28th), one of the oldest players in WCBB.

Maturity will not be an issue. Knowing the game and Geno's system will not be an issue. Being a leader her teammates will follow will not be an issue. How many players on our team can you honestly say "I know what I'm going to get from them each and every game?" :rolleyes: I think Evina should be mentioned in any conversations of this type. She doesn't have to score a double/double to have a great game. She rarely makes bad decisions. If she runs the offense, limits her turnovers, distributes the ball where it needs to be and when it needs to be there, takes what the defense gives her (takes her shots when open), she's going her job. The job Geno (and her teammates) wants and expects her to do. Whatever success the UConn women have this season, Westbrook will play a large part in it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A thought just occurred....we're all talking about, and gushing over the infinite possibilities of what the combination of Azzi and Paige can possibly produce. Nobody is mentioning Evina. She may very well be the WILDCARD in this years play that no one is contemplating on. She was hurt when she got here, and up until now, has been playing while recovering from her two knee surgeries. Think about this for a moment.................what IF Evina is completely healthy and is ready to play at full strength and potential ?!? She'll be 23 in September (28th), one of the oldest in WCBB.

Maturity will not be an issue. Knowing the game and Geno's system will not be an issue. Being a leader will not be an issue. How many players on our team can you honestly say "I know what I'm going to get from them each and every game?" :rolleyes: I think Evina should be mentioned in any conversations of this type. She doesn't have to score a double/double to have a great game. She rarely makes bad decisions. If she runs the offense, limits her turnovers, distributes the ball where it needs to be when it needs to be there, takes what the defense gives her (takes her shots when open), she's going her job. The job Geno (and her teammates) wants and expects her to do.
If she runs the offense, limits her turnovers, distributes the ball where it needs to be when it needs to be there, takes what the defense gives her (takes her shots when open), she's doing her job. Not asking much, are you?:eek: (for the record, expect great things out of "E", and the team;))

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
CW has never been close to our most dominate player....and with all the new talent coming in I doubt she will this coming season. PG and Evina will need to push the this group, of really good players, to stay in the team ideology of playing together. No room for prima donnas.
You're not wrong. I just have the same feeling though. I think the addition of more consistent 3pt shooting is going to open the floor for her.

Reaction Score
As Old Dude and I have been posting, it's a 2 year turnaround on the knee. Let me just say this. I think she is just plain great in my book on and off the court.

And looks so much better in the husky blue than that orange!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom