OT- Dyson on the Hornets? | The Boneyard

OT- Dyson on the Hornets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Is Dyson trying out for them or did he actually sign a contract?
I'm not sure when NO has to decide, but he's fighting for a contract. Their first game is Monday.

Reaction Score
nice def excited to check him out, has he played at all in any of the preseason games?

Reaction Score
NBA rosters vary from a minimum of 13 to a max of 15. Dyson is one of 17 players that is currently in NO camp.

BTW, Emeka will make over 12 million bucks this year. Very nice.

Reaction Score
Nice, good to see he is still chasing the dream, and close to catching it

Reaction Score
I see that Voskuhl is currently on the Pistons. I thought he was done.

There are 3 teams now with multiple huskies:
Pistons (Ben, Charlie, Jake)
Rockets (Hasheem, Yo Adrien)
Hornets (Emeka, Dyson)

I also see that next to Majok's name it has the college as: Connecticut!

Another uconn alum in the nba!

I hope HT, Adrien, Dyson, and Majok can make it!

Reaction Score
Jake is in the same situation as Dyson, waiting word on the final cut

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Now we just need Sticks

Where's Stanley these days? I just believe with hard work (ala Adrien) he would make the NBA. There's no question he is an NBA quality athlete.

Reaction Score
Stanley can't shoot.... gonna be hard to make the NBA as a 3 when you can't shoot.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Where's Stanley these days? I just believe with hard work (ala Adrien) he would make the NBA. There's no question he is an NBA quality athlete.

I read online that he had been playing for a D-league team (sorry....can't remember which one), but left for "personal reasons".

Reaction Score
Tough to call him an NBA quality athlete when he wasn't even a Big East-caliber athlete! (Sorry, just can't let that one go.)

In all seriousness, I don't see him ever sticking in the league - there's just too many guys out there with a similar level of athleticism, but far better skillsets. I really hope I'm wrong about this one.

Reaction Score
nice def excited to check him out, has he played at all in any of the preseason games?

Dyson's lines in NO's 2 preseason games (both vs. MEM)

7 min, 1-4 fg, 4 pt, 3 reb
7 min, 2-4 fg, 1-1 3 pt, 5 pt, 1 reb, 1 ast

Reaction Score
I see that Voskuhl is currently on the Pistons. I thought he was done.

There are 3 teams now with multiple huskies:
Pistons (Ben, Charlie, Jake)
Rockets (Hasheem, Yo Adrien)
Hornets (Emeka, Dyson)

I also see that next to Majok's name it has the college as: Connecticut!

Another uconn alum in the nba!

I hope HT, Adrien, Dyson, and Majok can make it!
Jake was cut yesterday by the Pistons.

Reaction Score
Nice, good to see he is still chasing the dream, and close to catching it
I don't know about you, but 12 mil sounds like he caught it already.

Reaction Score
Looking at the roster, Dyson is listed as a combo guard and I only saw one PG in the roster. I think he has a good chance.

Reaction Score
Tough to call him an NBA quality athlete when he wasn't even a Big East-caliber athlete! (Sorry, just can't let that one go.)

In all seriousness, I don't see him ever sticking in the league - there's just too many guys out there with a similar level of athleticism, but far better skillsets. I really hope I'm wrong about this one.

Don't think there are a ton of guys, even in the NBA, that stand at 6'9" with a 40" vert. Granted, he can't play basketball.

Reaction Score

Stanley is an exceptional athlete. I remember Calhoun calling him a better athlete than Rudy Gay when he was a freshman. Unfortunately, as mentioned here, being an exceptional athlete doesn't necessarily mean you can shoot or dribble. (And being able to shoot or dribble doesn't mean you're an exceptional athlete; I shot about 90% from the free throw line in high school and Stanley could jump over my head). ;)

Reaction Score
Don't think there are a ton of guys, even in the NBA, that stand at 6'9" with a 40" vert. Granted, he can't play basketball.
He "can't" ? Really ? I think that crosses the line on Stanley bashing, for my money. Stanley Robinson sure as duck CAN play basketball. Is he good enough to nearly carry a team to the final four (with some help, obviously) ? Indeed. Good enough to play in the NBA ? Remains to be seen

Reaction Score
He "can't" ? Really ? I think that crosses the line on Stanley bashing, for my money. Stanley Robinson sure as duck CAN play basketball. Is he good enough to nearly carry a team to the final four (with some help, obviously) ? Indeed. Good enough to play in the NBA ? Remains to be seen

His skill level is no where near his athleticism. I'm not bashing him, just pointing out the facts. You can't tell me you're satisfied with his performance in a UCONN uniform as compared to his potential. Come on.

Reaction Score
His skill level is no where near his athleticism. I'm not bashing him, just pointing out the facts. You can't tell me you're satisfied with his performance in a UCONN uniform as compared to his potential. Come on.

I was satisfied - but that's because I'm not a delusional fan who makes my own standards for how I think the basketball careers of 18 year old kids should turn out.

Reaction Score
He didn't really have a natural college position - not enough of a face the basket game to be a great three man, and not really a true four man either (he probably would have thrived best at a school where he could have been a face-up four and try to take power forwards off the dribble, but we had Jeff Adrien and Gavin Edwards at that position during his career). Stanley actually developed a very effective bank shot from the low block that became a very good weapon for him - he didn't do that without hard work at getting better. Especially after his career was almost derailed halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom