DYK Kia Loves Ketchup? | The Boneyard

DYK Kia Loves Ketchup?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Kia loves ketchup," Williams said. "I don't think a human should love ketchup as much as she does. She'll put it on literally everything."

"I remember our freshman year and I was struggling to learn the plays," Williams said. "I went to her dorm and we were drawing on the mirror with markers so she could help me learn the plays. She's always taking the time to make sure I'm good, on an off the court."

Adamec puts in the work. A really cool, fun piece about our seniors.

Nurse, Williams take center stage on Senior Night

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I guess their Frshman year, one lived with Courtney Ekmark and the other lived with Sadie Edwards, at least for the 1st semester.

Reaction Score
My son is the same way as Kia! He would get ketchup for his birthday and Christmas when he was little! Of course it had to be Heinz, lol! Mods I hope you dont get fined for that, lol!

Reaction Score
Ketchup? Ketchup is yuk.

Absolutely, totally, unconditionally true.

And still...

I'm with Kia.:rolleyes::cool:
ketchup1.jpg

Reaction Score
Ketchup. Love you Kia. But man ketchup is yuk. At least it isn't mayonnaise.

As children, my brother and I began to put Heinz (the only true Ketchup) on everything...so our mother stopped buying it.

To her horror, we switched to Hellmann's (the only true mayo.) She didn't take that away for fear of what we might have resorted to next.

As an aside, Hellmann's is called "Best Foods" outside of the Northeast.

Reaction Score
As children, my brother and I began to put Heinz (the only true Ketchup) on everything...so our mother stopped buying it.

To her horror, we switched to Hellmann's (the only true mayo.) She didn't take that away for fear of what we might have resorted to next.

As an aside, Hellmann's is called "Best Foods" outside of the Northeast.
Ever had a baked beans sandwich, with ketchup, of course. How about just a ketchup sandwich? Bread, butter, and ketchup. mmmm... Where did healthy eating go?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Mayo is too strong and that yellow, slimy baby diaper stuff is just too gross.
I would add that yellow/white stuff looks too much like what happens when you pop a zit. The other stuff is a menstrual cycle.

Mustard forever!

Reaction Score
That actually sounds interesting.
Perhaps you're of an age to remember the old Bob and Ray radio show. Somehow they were able to turn the ridiculous into high comedy (or perhaps I listened during one of those upside down periods of my life where things that weren't high seemed so). Anyway, they had a running skit on the show where they were low on cash and going into business for themselves seemed like a good idea. Their "Eureka!" moment came when they decided what to go into business doing. Toast! They would start, then franchise locations, for the "House of Toast." And their hook that brought customers in and keep them coming back would be that you, as the customer, could decide which side of the toast would be buttered. Long before "Would you like fries with that?" became the catchphrase of a generation just entering the workforce, "Would you like that buttered on the near side of the far side?" was how the House of Toast would simplify the sandwich industry.

I suppose it would be nice if this rant had a point so how about this? I cede any interest I have (which I don't actually have anyway) in the maple syrup flavored french fry to you. You can go into business and I'll bet you make every bit as much money as Bob and Ray did with their idea. ;):D

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Ketchup fans, alert! Try this: Two parts ketchup, Two parts chili sauce, one part siracha. Shake it to mix. Put it on absolutely everything.

You’re welcome. My good deed for the day.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Ketchup fans, alert! Try this: Two parts ketchup, Two parts chili sauce, one part siracha. Shake it to mix. Put it on absolutely everything.

I use a similar mix atop meatloaf before sticking it in the oven.

Reaction Score

You're assuming guys who are waxing poetic about ketchup know what siracha is. Anybody able to give me a quick lesson on using google?

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pa. ,the home of Heinz and the world's best ketchup. Although ketchup is no longer made in the Pittsburgh plant, Heinz continues a decades long presence there. Heinz Field is home to the Steelers, and Heinz Hall is a beautiful venue for entertainment of all kinds. The Heinz family has been generous to Pittsburgh, and as a native, I just want to thank Kia and all the Heinz ketchup lovers the world over for their civic support of a grateful city. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom