DWHOOPS on Duke vs DePaul | The Boneyard

DWHOOPS on Duke vs DePaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Wonder if she was still using numbers in the presser. Man, the most annoying thing ever.

HGN

Reaction Score
Long time since both men and women Duke teams been home this early during the NCAA.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Say what you will about Duke - they lost their starting backcourt this season. Imagine UCONN at the moment without Moriah and Bria. then toss in a loss of Banks (Kiana Holland left the team). That's essentially what Duke is dealing with this season. I know fans love to pile on McCallie for her sometimes odd comments, but they were decimated by injuries more than any other top team in the nation...

Reaction Score
Yeh Eric, we still have some rough edges to polish up.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I thought McCallie was a terrible coach even before all the injuries. They don't bother to show up when they play UConn (ever) and she wins based on talent alone. They run that stupid zone that leaves shooters open all over the court (how on earth do you let a just-back-from-injury-step-slow-KML hit SEVEN threes against you) and Elizabeth Williams hasn't been developed at all in three years. Liston has gotten better, but that might be a result of playing USA basketball in the summer, who knows. I certainly don't think JPM is good at player development, game preparation or in-game adjustments. I guess she's good at recruiting, but how hard is it to recruit to Duke?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
For Duke, this game really had disaster written all over it. Duke's match-up zone gives up open shots and Duke's defenders don't close out very well. DePaul likes to spread the floor and has good shooters. Duke's lack of foot-speed limited what it could do defensively, though I'd be curious if McCallie made any adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom