Duquesne RB jumps to his death. | The Boneyard

Duquesne RB jumps to his death.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Wow. Can't help but wonder if CTE contributed.

Reaction Score
It just seems like a real stretch to think that a college RB would develop CTE bad enough to do this. I'm sure some are more susceptible to brain trauma than others, but this seems like too much of an outlier. Perhaps it could have been a contributing factor, but I'd be surprised if it was the primary cause.

Then again, I'm far from an authority figure on this subject.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
It just seems like a real stretch to think that a college RB would develop CTE bad enough to do this.

Read the most recent feature on Casey Cochran. He's had incredibly severe physical, mental, and emotional effects stemming from his concussions, and he stopped playing after the first game of his RS sophomore year.

Reaction Score
Read the most recent feature on Casey Cochran. He's had incredibly severe physical, mental, and emotional effects stemming from his concussions, and he stopped playing after the first game of his RS sophomore year.

The thing with Cochran is that there was at least a documented history of concussions and, presumably, an included risk assessment from doctors and medical professionals. The ones who develop intense symptoms out of the blue are the scariest to consider. Not sure what the story with Brown is, in either case very sad.

Reaction Score
It just seems like a real stretch to think that a college RB would develop CTE bad enough to do this. I'm sure some are more susceptible to brain trauma than others, but this seems like too much of an outlier. Perhaps it could have been a contributing factor, but I'd be surprised if it was the primary cause.

How about the Washington State QB that Shot himself in the head last year? CTE much? Depression? I still don't understand how people can do this to themselves but it really does make one wonder.

Reaction Score
Where is that article? Thanks. I read some articles and wow. My son was a crazy soccer player who had a number of headers and head to head collisions. He told me about one where his vision went black. I worry about things like CTE and I'm just glad our HS didn't have football at the time he was there. After seeing his first UCONN football game he just looked at me and said why didn't we have football. Just a big worry. Football players have just gotten much bigger and faster to throw their bodies at each other. Not meant to be in a car crash a couple of time each game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Where is that article? Thanks. I read some articles and wow. My son was a crazy soccer player who had a number of headers and head to head collisions. He told me about one where his vision went black. I worry about things like CTE and I'm just glad our HS didn't have football at the time he was there. After seeing his first UCONN football game he just looked at me and said why didn't we have football. Just a big worry. Football players have just gotten much bigger and faster to throw their bodies at each other. Not meant to be in a car crash a couple of time each game.

Jeff Jacobs: Jack Cochran’s back as an assistant, coaching without stress

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Agree, but I think it is always going to be a question when a football player commits suicide. Properly so.

Reaction Score
How about the Washington State QB that Shot himself in the head last year? CTE much? Depression? I still don't understand how people can do this to themselves but it really does make one wonder.

I'd be curious to see what the suicide rate is relative to the general population.

Reaction Score

Look at Aaron Hernandez actions while at Florida. Lot of contributing factors but CTE has shown it causes those who suffer to act irrationally and make suspect decisions

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Simply awful. No words except for RIP.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'll be a total Richard and say if he was a UConn RB he would have been stopped by the 10th floor.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll be a total Richard and say if he was a UConn RB he would have been stopped by the 10th floor.

good one. i thought you made a big show of quitting earlier?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom