Duquesne Post-Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Duquesne Post-Game

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Kia's best line was

Question: What is the most memorable thing that you will take away from this game?

Kia: My 2 airballs.

It boggles my mind how mentally tough Kia is to air ball her first 3pt shot and then drill all the others in the first half. Then it happens again in the second half.
Best line in the whole interview.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
From the Duquesne perspective

Canadian Homecoming

"We lost to the best program in the history of basketball - regardless of gender or league," said head coach Dan Burt. "On offense, they are work of art in transition. They switch everything on D and their length and quickness doesn't allow you any margin of error."

"What do we get out of a game like this? Our women get to see the intensity, discipline and effort that you must play with every moment to beat what is the greatest basketball program of all time. For us, I would schedule this game every year if possible. If we are going to make a jump to being a consistent top 40 program, we just play the very best," added Burt.
He is just like Coach Bruno when it comes to playing the best.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I see you are a newbie Master Sargent. Welcome to the BY.
Thanks, just learned about the Boneyard while I was at the game in Reno. Met JDforever and his wife at the hotel, we went to the game together then had a nice dinner afterwords. He is the one that led me to the BY. I followed the site for a while then signed on. Love the threads and the Non Politics of this site. It's all about the game and the girls.

Reaction Score
They get it from being millennials or gen-Zers that have spent their entire short lives talking to a camera and recording seemingly every last mundane moment of their daily lives for posting on social media.
That and (embeded) CD . She holds/held Charm school session on what and how to say with the media. Tough even for Millennials --one wrong mis spoken word from a Uconn kid would get world headlines. They, as CD so properly said, are in the spot light all the time every day, everywhere.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Kia's best line was

Question: What is the most memorable thing that you will take away from this game?

It boggles my mind how mentally tough Kia is to air ball her first 3pt shot and then drill all the others in the first half. Then it happens again in the second half.

As tough as she has always been, early in her career at Uconn she suffered bouts of self-doubt that the School of Geno had to work on. Recall the game when she couldn't hit a shot and streamed tears at the bench. Geno gave her no hugs at the moment; in essence, he told her to stop feeling sorry for herself and becoming a burden on her teammates. Education works when it helps "students" develop their strengths and master their weaknesses. Kia has been a wonderful student, and a grateful one to gauge from her comments. Bravo to both her and Geno.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kia's best line was

She missed only 2 shots all night--the airballs to start each half. After that, she was pure money.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
It was very enlightening to me the story of how Kia moved into the starting lineup after the Stanford Loss. Kia was very down on herself for fouling out and thinking she did not do enough and Geno said Kia was very despondent after the loss. In Geno's eyes, she was not the problem but the solution, inserted her into the lineup and said play defense. At the time Geno said what a great competitor she is. Kia looks back at this and says what a wonderful lesson it was to realize you need to focus on what you do best and the rest will come.
It's a rare thing for a UConn freshman to become a fixture in the starting lineup, especially that early in the year.

Kia is a rare gem, yet has often gone overlooked because (a) such stellar talents surrounded her through her first two years, and (b) her greatest strengths are of the non-statted variety.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom