Duquesne Post-Game | The Boneyard

Duquesne Post-Game

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Would love to see Burt's postgame as well. Anyone?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Through the years, UConn WBB has had more than their share of intelligent, articulate young women. Kia Nurse may well be the very best of the bunch the way she handles questions with thoughtful and insightful responses in a confident and good natured manner.

Reaction Score
Through the years, UConn WBB has had more than their share of intelligent, articulate young women. Kia Nurse may well be the very best of the bunch the way she handles questions with thoughtful and insightful responses in a confident and good natured manner.
I wonder where these kids get all that "stage" presence and articulate speech from? HMMM I SEE a DEEsense teacher.

Reaction Score
Wow, best post-game player interview ever! That was one very happy young woman last night in Kia Nurse. Love the way she let that come out in the interview so we all could share in those feelings with her.

Kia has for 3 plus years earned the days with friends and a night game to show to her family and friends what a top international Athlete she truly has become.
What is interesting to Me is
Duquesne had so many from Pennslyvanians--Knowing that Fort Duquesne, now Pittsburgh--couldn't be defeated by Geo Washington.

Reaction Score
Kia is very mature and articulate, can she become an announcer as suggested by msgret? I am not so sure. She might need a voice teacher, but her voice is definitely much better than her sister’s .

Reaction Score
I wonder where these kids get all that "stage" presence and articulate speech from? HMMM I SEE a DEEsense teacher.
They get it from being millennials or gen-Zers that have spent their entire short lives talking to a camera and recording seemingly every last mundane moment of their daily lives for posting on social media.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Kia's best line was

Question: What is the most memorable thing that you will take away from this game?

Kia: My 2 airballs.

It boggles my mind how mentally tough Kia is to air ball her first 3pt shot and then drill all the others in the first half. Then it happens again in the second half.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
From the Duquesne perspective

Canadian Homecoming

"We lost to the best program in the history of basketball - regardless of gender or league," said head coach Dan Burt. "On offense, they are work of art in transition. They switch everything on D and their length and quickness doesn't allow you any margin of error."

"What do we get out of a game like this? Our women get to see the intensity, discipline and effort that you must play with every moment to beat what is the greatest basketball program of all time. For us, I would schedule this game every year if possible. If we are going to make a jump to being a consistent top 40 program, we just play the very best," added Burt.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The one's doing all the work:

She just may start a new transCanada hair do trend with that one --eh. :) All those cameras around her, all those mikes. Yup, she's a rock star.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
From the Duquesne perspective

Canadian Homecoming

"We lost to the best program in the history of basketball - regardless of gender or league," said head coach Dan Burt. "On offense, they are work of art in transition. They switch everything on D and their length and quickness doesn't allow you any margin of error."

"What do we get out of a game like this? Our women get to see the intensity, discipline and effort that you must play with every moment to beat what is the greatest basketball program of all time. For us, I would schedule this game every year if possible. If we are going to make a jump to being a consistent top 40 program, we just play the very best," added Burt.

I like this guy. He's a hard nose and his kids are scrappy hustlers who display a lot of solid basketball in their movement on the floor.

Reaction Score
No one makes me feel better than listening to Kia Nurse. The young lady is so dynamic and upbeat that she simply blows all the dust away. Much as she loves Canada, I do hope we get to see her regularly after she finishes playing bb. As others have suggested, she'd make a great TV commentator.
When Geno said his biggest job with Kia was slowing her down, I was reminded of a similar comment about Moriah. Coach said if he didn't slow down Jefferson, he was afraid she'd run right out of the gym and keep on going. With those two: Mission Accomplished.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It was very enlightening to me the story of how Kia moved into the starting lineup after the Stanford Loss. Kia was very down on herself for fouling out and thinking she did not do enough and Geno said Kia was very despondent after the loss. In Geno's eyes, she was not the problem but the solution, inserted her into the lineup and said play defense. At the time Geno said what a great competitor she is. Kia looks back at this and says what a wonderful lesson it was to realize you need to focus on what you do best and the rest will come.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
No one makes me feel better than listening to Kia Nurse. The young lady is so dynamic and upbeat that she simply blows all the dust away. Much as she loves Canada, I do hope we get to see her regularly after she finishes playing bb. As others have suggested, she'd make a great TV commentator.
When Geno said his biggest job with Kia was slowing her down, I was reminded of a similar comment about Moriah. Coach said if he didn't slow down Jefferson, he was afraid she'd run right out of the gym and keep on going. With those two: Mission Accomplished.
Kia will be successful in whatever she does, and as I suggested a few weeks back, I have her pegged as the future PM of Canada.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom