Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
Maybe disappointed as opposed to angry?

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
The real disappointment was he wanted Mac and Cheese and he let us know. I think he went down to the cheerleader and let her have it.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have to say that I, too, have observed tossed shirts that are not exactly something I would want as a fan - of course the shirts are supplied by a sponsor. Not that my wife and I tend to ever catch them, but folks sitting near us end up either delighted or not depending on the nature of the shirt they catch.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Seriously, doesn't this reflect the times....You get a free T shirt and then write a letter to the editor complaining that it wasn't the T shirt you expected. We are so spoiled as a nation.

Reaction Score
Seriously, doesn't this reflect the times....You get a free T shirt and then write a letter to the editor complaining that it wasn't the T shirt you expected. We are so spoiled as a nation.
I agree with your premise of our spoiled nation...But on the other hand shirts being thrown out to pump up the fans should be something related to the team. At least something they would wear to a game. I doubt many shirts with nothing more than DD advertisement gets worn by UCONN fans. On the bright side it is something to donate to those that could care less what it says. The Fan Zone has many T shirt give aways and some have been decent shirts with only a hint of the sponsor and others ....you throw the ball or spin the wheel for those less privileged. Either way it is a win / win with the proper mind set.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
college "kids" dont mind the T-Shirts as well...

Reaction Score
Free T-shirt is good. It can be great if DD put UConn logo or name it it.
I hope DD can read this letter to the editor.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd make more of an effort to grab a t-shirt if i knew they had them in XXL's. I grabbed one at the ACC tourney a few years back... and it was a size Small :mad: What the heck am i supposed to do with a small t-shirt besides use it as a dust rag.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
So Arizona was giving out shirts to the first xxx folks at the exhibition tonight. Odd light blue color (not as light as UNC) with the Arizona symbol on the front and "Native American Night" on the back (they honored several Arizona tribes, including having the National Anthem sung in Tohono O'odahm).

I thought this was a nice merge of the night's theme and supporting the athletics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom