Duke women's basketball adds six transfers after lost 2020-21 season | The Boneyard

Duke women's basketball adds six transfers after lost 2020-21 season

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Kara is stock piling (hand picking) her team for next season from the portal. Duke women's basketball has added six transfers to its 2021-22 team, coach Kara Lawson announced Friday. All of them come in with prior power 5 conference experience. All except Oliver come with 3+ years of experience.

Guard Celeste Taylor 5'11" Junior G who helped lead Texas to the NCAA Elite Eight this season, headlines the group. Fellow former Big 12 guards Lexi Gordon 6'0" graduate transfer of Texas Tech was the Lady Raiders' second-leading scorer this past season (15.7 PPG) as a starter. Jordyn Oliver 5'10" Junior of Baylor came off the bench for the league champion Lady Bears and averaged 4.0 PPG as a sophomore.

Also joining the Blue Devils are guard/forward Elizabeth Balogun 6'1" Senior of Louisville, center Amaya Finklea-Guity 6"4" Graduate transfer of Syracuse and forward Imani Lewis 6'1" Senior of Wisconsin.

Since arriving in Durham, Lawson has added 2022 recruits guard Ashlon Jackson, forward Shay Bollin and Canadian guard Emma Koabel. Also gaining commitments from three-star 2021 guard Lee Volker and Louisville transfer Nyah Green.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Obviously Lawson doesn't want to play in front of 400 fans on a early March Wednesday afternoon in the Greensboro Coliseum, and I don't blame her one bit.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Obviously Lawson doesn't want to play in front of 400 fans on a early March Wednesday afternoon in the Greensboro Coliseum, and I don't blame her one bit.
Kara will be coming out of the gate playing some "serious" hardball, taking no prisoners this season. I think Duke will be a top 25 team ALL season. The 6 players she just added are ALL seasoned veterans. I would like to see Duke on UConn's OOC schedule every year. All she has to do is get them to jell. One of my favorite recruits will be joining Kara in the 2022 class, Ashlon Jackson from Sour Lake Texas. They'll certainly be a better team than they were last year.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc
Top Bottom