bernie.gif

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Let's go Dukies. Enough!

JordyG

Reaction Score
This is my first time seeing Duke this year and these young ladies look as if no one has pointed them toward the weight room yet.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh boy, a bit of disparity between the Men's and Women's Duke team. Wisconsin playing nice positional defense

JordyG

Reaction Score
Talk about offensively challenged. This team tries to take everything inside. Kinda easy to set your defense for McCallie. They know they can't shoot for spit. To me it looks as if they're well coached. It just seems these players haven't taken well to it. They know where their positions on offense and defense should be yet they're either slow to it, over thinking things, or they don't trust the other guy to make the play.

JordyG

Reaction Score
This Duke team is tough to watch. They're indecisive, inappropriately aggressive, horrible shooters, none of them look particularly strong and they're not particularly good passers. Hoo-boy.

Reaction Score
It was 10-9 Wisconsin after the first quarter.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Duke with 8 turnovers in the first quarter. Yikes. Yet they're only down 1.

Plebe

Reaction Score
30-19 Duke at the half

What is going on here?
Duke is a pretty bad team but not as bad as Wisconsin. It's not the most lovely basketball I've seen. The teams have combined so far for 26 turnovers and 3-of-23 from three.

The Blue Devils, according to the commentators, will be getting some help soon when freshman PG Mikayla Boykin becomes available.

Plebe

Reaction Score
WE ARE BACK!!!!

Above. . 500 :oops:
You win :)

I will say, Duke looked a lot better in the 2nd half and really ran away with the game. When they get their true point guard playing, they might not be horrible after all...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Wisconsin has been a horrible program for most of the past 20 years despite some okay year when they had Jolene Anderson.....but hey, a win's a win. Not sure it's worthy of a game thread as someone else noted.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You win :)

I will say, Duke looked a lot better in the 2nd half and really ran away with the game. When they get their true point guard playing, they might not be horrible after all...

Any road win at this point is a positive sign. This team needs some confidence.... should be able to get some playing 6 home games next month.... only have played once at home this year so far.

Reaction Score
Wisconsin has been a horrible program for most of the past 20 years despite some okay year when they had Jolene Anderson.....but hey, a win's a win. Not sure it's worthy of a game thread as someone else noted.

If you’re “not sure” you probably would have been better off not saying anything that might come off as rude. Let me clarify for you. Unlike a lot of games, this one was on national television so many could tune in. I’m a Big Ten advocate, so to me it was an intriguing matchup, a potential upset in the making. I wish Triad would have had my back, but I saw his initial post as sarcasm, as he is a Duke fan and he was most likely showing his concern that his team might get embarrassed. He posted multiple times, btw. In hindsight, maybe it wasn’t as competitive a game as I would have liked (Duke wins by 7, the difference being a 12-pt advantage in the 2nd quarter) but you never know what will happen when you start a game thread.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
If you’re “not sure” you probably would have been better off not saying anything that might come off as rude. Let me clarify for you. Unlike a lot of games, this one was on national television so many could tune in. I’m a Big Ten advocate, so to me it was an intriguing matchup, a potential upset in the making. I wish Triad would have had my back, but I saw his initial post as sarcasm, as he is a Duke fan and he was most likely showing his concern that his team might get embarrassed. He posted multiple times, btw. In hindsight, maybe it wasn’t as competitive a game as I would have liked (Duke wins by 7, the difference being a 12-pt advantage in the 2nd quarter) but you never know what will happen when you start a game thread.

I apologize--I didn't mean to offend you. That comment I made was meant to be a jab at Duke not being noteworthy in the women's basketball world anymore (which ties in to another Duke thread) rather than a jab at you. I think I speak for many when I say the game threads you start are very much appreciated, so I shouldn't have said anything negative about the thread starting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom