Duke-VCU | The Boneyard

Duke-VCU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
anyone hear dicky v allude to the Duke vs Connecticut "consolation" game in '99? I think he was trying to say something about Gtown beating Wisconsin when it was designed to have a Duke/Wisconsin rematch. I guess we were the consolation in '99...too bad our consolation was a NC...

Reaction Score
anyone hear dicky v allude to the Duke vs Connecticut "consolation" game in '99? I think he was trying to say something about Gtown beating Wisconsin when it was designed to have a Duke/Wisconsin rematch. I guess we were the consolation in '99...too bad our consolation was a NC...

I didn't hear what he said, but I'm having a hard time making sense of your explanation...?

Reaction Score
I didn't hear what he said, but I'm having a hard time making sense of your explanation...?
sorry wrote that quickly without reading. He was saying how if Duke won, and went to the championship game of whatever the name of this tourney is they will be playing Gtown instead of Wisconsin, when it was designed to have a Duke/Wisconsin rematch. Basically that the tourney wasn't going to go the way it was supposed to go just like we weren't supposed to win in '99.

Then again he makes less and less sense when he talks so who knows what he was trying to say

Reaction Score

He was referring to a preseason tourney in the 99-00 season, UConn lost to Iowa and Duke lost to someone else(can't remember who), so UConn and Duke played in the consolation game on a Friday night at MSG.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Dude, he is talking about the 1999 2k Sports Classic (or whatever it was called then) in which both UConn and Duke lost in the semis so they ended up having their rematch in the consolation game of that tournament. I know it's shocking, but not everything is a swipe at UConn.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Foul Coach K working up a lather and abusing the refs on every timeout.

That being said, VCU has played horrible basketball the last five minutes

Reaction Score
He was referring to a preseason tourney in the 99-00 season, UConn lost to Iowa and Duke lost to someone else(can't remember who), so UConn and Duke played in the consolation game on a Friday night at MSG.
Gotcha. Didn't remember that game...thanks for the explanation without being a d*ck

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I have only watched a little of this game and a little of their game at Kentucky but man does Thornton whine about every call or what? Maybe I am just catching his bad moments but good grief.

Reaction Score
Dukie V seems to have taken a shine to him, being white and playing for duke doesn't hurt.

Reaction Score
I'm still unsure how good Allen is for Duke. He can shoot the ball, and he likes to drive 100mph straight to the rim. He'll be effective in college for sure as a scorer, but he just doesn't strike me as successful beyond that. That and he's absolutely a dookie....

http://collegespun.com/acc/duke/esp...rayson-allen-for-this-double-flop-vs-kentucky

Allen has all the characteristics of a very good 3 and D man in the NBA. He can shoot, has good defensive potential, and can blow by on a strong contest. But he is like 3 inches too short. He needs to learn to use his left hand and tighten up his handle in a big way if he wants to make it as a 2 guard.

Reaction Score
Allen reminds me a bit of Tyler Johnson

That's a pretty good comparison of skill sets. I am surprised by how well Johnson has been playing. Warning - pulling the race card - I may have underrated the guy because you don't often see white guys in the role of athletic, undersized, slashing 2 guards.

Reaction Score
That's a pretty good comparison of skill sets. I am surprised by how well Johnson has been playing. Warning - pulling the race card - I may have underrated the guy because you don't often see white guys in the role of athletic, undersized, slashing 2 guards.
I thought he was biracial, I think the question actually came up during an interview with Dan Lebatard but I got distracted during the middle of it cuz of work.

Reaction Score
I was wondering while watching the game if VCU had won would Duke have dropped out of the top 10. I came to the conclusion that they wouldn't anyway. But ultimately it didn't matter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom